2013-11-24

Gym session 3 + Freeing SG adventure outing with sec sch classmates

Gym session 3 + Freeing SG adventure outing with sec sch classmates

Had the 3rd gym session in the morning. This time round I did more repetitions for the dumbbells, 20 instead of 10. The rest of exercises were as per normal. So it's pretty routine. Lunch was lor mee ($3), don't really like it as I thought the amount was lesser than I expected. Bought the ben-kueh (潮州飯粿) for 70 cents. Quite nice!

Reached home around 1.30 pm. Only got to rest a little while before I need to go out again. 真是忙……

Sharon had this idea of getting everybody participate in some reality escape game. It's quite creative and new. Of course I agreed as I wanted to try it out myself. But previously in Sept because everybody not free that's why it wasn't realised. This time round 勢必一定要去玩玩看!In the end, we chose Freeing SG over Xcape as nobody has tried the former before lol. They should look largely the same ba?

The ones who attended the adventure outing were:
1. Me
2. Sharon
3. YB
4. YS
5. PH + her BF
6. Jesslyn

Supposed to meet in Bugis at 3.30 pm but only reached around 3.35 pm and I wasn't the latest to arrive lol. YS was trying to find a carpark lot. YB and Sharon watched the movie The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in the morning, so they already in town for whole day liao. James last minute couldn't make it. So only 7 of us came down lo.

*I don't understand why the comment was considered 'offensive', I don't mean anything unless you think it's something else or you think too much... 無奈中……

We were told to wait about 30 mins for whatever reason, so the whole group went to Taipei Station 台北站 as some wanted to grab a bite. I didn't buy anything though as partly because I don't want to spend $ on unecessary stuff and also I'm trying to lose some weight too, so eating less could actually help!

Then the real thing started. The game was divided into 3 stages with 1st stage having 2 parts. I was first to solve the 1st part of the puzzle, but also contributed to the 2nd part of it. Then we moved on to the 2nd stage where everybody was scrambling around lol... But PH and her BF were really quick in solving the puzzle. But it was me who found the key to the next stage!

The last stage somehow was slightly easier that 2nd one IMO. The colour code thingy was solved by both YB and I. Yay! We were quite fast in solving anything related to numbers. LOL~

Anyway, it was fun!

大家摸索嘗試解開難題之餘
不忘了擺pose拍照!

耶!成功了!

Within 45 mins we solved everything and came out from the room safely. Well, actually it's quite nothing. I feel that to successfully complete the mission, one has to be logical, think on the spot and out-of-the-box (i.e. if this method cannot, try another one) and have a clear mind. That's all.

Damage: $22.40

Because everybody wasn't hungry, I even had Japanese sweet potato before I left house, so it's dessert time at Dessert First (糖水先).


Again I didn't order anything as I don't want to spend $$$. And they asked me about my job hunt. TBH, I was rather shocked by the market rate they told me, only 2.6-2.8k?! No wonder I still no job now lo. But what I observe among my friends is that engineering graduates minimum should have 3k and that's my baseline too. Probably I'm too picky le ba, but still I have my set of principles to follow when come to job hunt. Still, a bit hard to believe seriously... Imagine FCH taking < 3k pay. Suddenly, the hard truth that now society doesn't emphasise on the results did hit hard on me le lo. Getting a job is real hard. :(

*I still putting my hope onto the previous interviews, hoping to get good news from them...

Then YB made fun of Sharon about the activating SIM card on the new phone. Recently she changed her phone from Samsung Galaxy Ace to iPhone 5S, which I think could be good or bad thing for her. The good thing is that it is easy to learn how to use the phone for someone who is not tech savvy like her, but on the other hand, she has to understand how the whole iTunes sync works! But anyway, she happy can liao. So the OMG part was that Sharon ordered the phone online and had it delivered to her house. After putting in the SIM card, she turned on the phone and waited. Knowing there was no network reception and she thought it's alright!!!! Until YB asked her how's the phone, then YB realised Sharon forgot to activate the card. Aigoo, she didn't read the additional notes that she needed to call telco to activate the line lo~

Next, we moved to this Thai mookata restaurant called New Udon Thai Food @ Golden Mile Complex aka Little Thailand, as YS suggested to have a Thai BBQ for dinner. Both PH, her BF and me walked from Bugis to Golden Mile coz we don't really mind walking than taking a taxi there. The rest went by YS's car. Oh well, I did feel quite awkward lo...

About the venue, it was rather oily but the ventilation was quite good. I don't dare to use my new phone and put it on the table, later become oily phone.

分量算多啦
那辣椒甜甜辣辣的,不錯一下的說

若不小心,肉會跌進周圍的湯裡面!

7 of us shared two pots with two sets of food. One set cost $39, not really cheap IMO. One interesting feature about Thai mookata was that the pot had 2 functions, BBQ and to boil soup around the BBQ area and they are joined together. So we had occations where the BBQ meat fell into the soup below! LOL...

The meat were marinated with some sesame oil and they tasted really good after BBQ! I quite liked it leh. However, I didn't take the 豬肝 as I don't really like it. In fact, I was quite glad it wasn't buffet style as I trying to lose weight now.

The Thai milk tea was nice, still sweet but a lot less sweet than the one I had at Bangkok Jam lo.

大家笑一個!

Towards the end of the meal, we were chatting what are the nice dramas recently on air. PH and YB recommended HK drama . YB recommended TW idol drama 「回到愛以前」 too. Surprised that Sharon didn't suggest anything.

Damage: $13

We separated and went home after dinner. Took the car ride with the rest, except for Pui Han couple as the car couldn't sit so many people. I don't mind taking public transport home as I could enjoy some individual space de. Just don't ask me to share cab home. Thanks YS for the ride! Reached home around 9 pm.

回程途中,我比較有機會跟YS聊天。由於現在他駕的車是2007年年尾註冊的,也就是說2017年要換車了,所以YS打算在2017年換去Honda Stream七人座多用途汽車。問他為什麼換成這麼大輛,而不是一般五人座汽車或小車,他說到時候已經是成家立業做爸爸老公的時候了,出門要載老婆孩子還有自己父母還有岳父岳母。也就因為這樣,他給自己大概兩年時間找伴侶結婚生孩子咯。好像很有規劃呢!

一個關於車的談話竟然聊到人生的未來打算去……

聽了他的回答之後,霎時間,我感覺身邊事物好像已經隨著時間去改變,而且還變很多!而我好似還原地不動。歲月真的是不留人,身邊的人個個開始有戀愛伴侶了,有些都已經結婚/生子了的說。不是說我沒打算還是什麼,找工作已經是問題了,所以我不可能去想那麼多。

*I don't really appreciate someone who takes things for granted, not as if he/she is entitled to it. I mean I don't mind if I don't get the offer, not that I die die must get the offer, but he/she is assuming things here. Perhaps, I'm right to withstand my viewpoint back then.

Was quite heartache when my new phone (< 1 month old) dropped on the floor! :(:(:(Was talking to PG on phone with earphones plugged in with my position lying on my bed. Then I felt quite hot and stuffy - was sweating away, so I stood up and talk. Then suddenly my hands gave way! First thing I noticed is that the earphones began to unplug itself, the next moment was that the phone landed on floor and is halfway separated from the casing! I picked the phone up and it was restarting itself. Then I inspected the phone thoroughly, and found the top right corner of the phone had some minor cosmetic damages, not too serious though. Sibei sian, got to live with it for 2 years... Not used to such big phones...

The only consolation I had was that everything worked perfectly - lucky the screen didn't crack!

Another thing to blog is that finally I have access to 4G network. Gone were the days where the maximum speed I have is 1Mbps. Did a speed test to see how is the 4G network at my area and it came out quite well, a bit slower than wifi that's all. Guess I won't use it unless I'm outside and really need to access webpage fast.


No comments: