2013-12-31

Last post for 2013

This post shall be marked as the last post for the year 2013. This year, including this post, I would have blogged 111 times, significantly more than year 2010, 2011 and 2012. And more recently, just felt that I'm back to the usual blogging self! Hope this carries on to 2014 and further into more years to come!

Recounting 2013... a lot of things have happened, especially big events. Firstly, it would be FYP which undoubtedly is the most important assignment for the whole university course for any undergraduate student. FYP took up lots and lots of my time but also at the same time, not only I can learn something out of it, I also made up some friends which now become a clique already haha~~

Then came after that was graduation trip, also my first time taking plane, first time going Korea, Hong Kong and Macau, first time driving a LHD car, first time driving in Korea. Lots of first time! It may not be a perfect trips due to weather, changing in plans, conflicts in thoughts etc... But surely I've enjoyed the trip, mainly because of the lengthy stay outside of Singapore! But I could also stay here for long long periods without taking plane too, afterall already endured almost 25 years liao, a few years is chicken feet lol...

Next was convocation. It signifies the end of the 4 years of studying in university. It could also be the last time seeing everybody, except those still keep in contact la. In short, it is a joyful occasion and more importantly, a milestone in our life journey.

Lastly, job hunting. I must admit I've failed in this aspect. I don't know if I've made the right choice. But passion vs reality which one to choose? Reality may say go business course then go into banking, audit, finance industry since SG is a financial hub. But passion for maths and studying engineering allows me to enjoy solving the maths problem and experience for myself how things in real life work. They gave me the satisfaction too.

Of course, timing and luck plays a part. Connection is really important, seeing that many people got their jobs through connections, in a way they are lucky as well. Job hunt, perhaps is more like a gamble...

Considering the above 4 events, I've managed to complete 3 which is not too bad already.

So what comes in 2014?

Year 2014, for sure, would be a very different year. Afterall, being a student for about 20 years, finally can no need to be a student. Happy or sad? For now, it's sad because have so many things to worry about. Future? Don't know. Since 2013 can't find any job, then 2014 would be the year when I start out my career. I may be late, but I'll try my best to catch up, thanks to the period which shaped me to what I am today, the spending habit of mine have changed a little bit.

Resolution for 2014? The biggest wish is to get a job! And also wishing everybody healthy and huat ah!

Happy new year 2014!

No comments: