2014-02-24

Work: Day 1 + most expensive cai png

Although I'm to reach office by 9 am, because I didn't experience how's the morning traffic like, so woke up at 6.30 am. Left house at 7.15 am and wanted to tap in before 7.30 am to have the multiplier effect in insinc. But it turned out that I was late by 1 min... =.= :(

Is that Lyold? Think I saw him at Queenstown aigoo...

Reached Potong Pasir at 8.20 am. MRT was quite fast and it's less crowded than those 8+ am ones, which was a lure factor to leave house earlier. As it was too early for 9 am, sat at the bus stop opposite and waited for time to pass before reaching reception to be received by HR.

First thing in the morning was went through some induction courses and signed the letter of appointment. Met boss and also colleagues (whom I need a bit of time to remember their names). In fact, already started work proper in the first day - received some lessons from boss about the stuff that I am going to work in future.

Lunch... Was led by boss to the office cafe cum canteen. Without him, I'm all alone - my colleagues all don't know go where liao... 拜託!Not expecting each of them to stay at their seat whole day to welcome and orientate the new staff on the first day whenever there is one, but all of them disappearing

Ordered cai png. This has to be the most expensive cai png I've eaten. Only veggies and tofu and it cost me $2.40! (after some discounts from the original $2.80). Oh gosh, 瞬間垂掉去, very chor leh. Kinda appreciate and 懷念 the one I had at Corporation Place last time, not ex and got 煮炒 one. Jin naise~

And then during lunch, I was the odd one out. Because the others whom I lunch together with are ang moh and they spoke in their languages which I couldn't understand. So had to use phone to pass the time. Aigoo~ Hopefully not everyday like that.

Colleagues came back in afternoon, but didn't exchange a single word. Seemed not very welcoming ds. But hope things will get better as time goes on - as I get more and more customed to the culture there ba. :) Saw they also rather busy with their work. Just that, got a new comer like me today, shouldn't be a little bit more welcoming?

As IT infrastructure isn't ready yet, meanwhile read through the technical manuals. As everything is new to me, information overload! On way back, MRT so crowded, still can board at Outram Park. PG already at JE. He super yang lor~

*Saw this noticeboard set up by the police at the 501 carpark entrance which says car theft happening around that area. Is it me or are there more crimes occurring around my are?! Because not only this, there is another one just below my block that says moneylenders disturbances ds.*

Headache now ds, so shall sleep in early!

Already started missing my holiday even though today is only the first day at work baituo... :( 我懷念的……

No comments: