2014-02-22

Saturday chill: 주막 Korean restaurant + Teadot

Yesterday (Fri) was super boring. Only thing done was ran 2.7 km along PIE and still manage to finish in 15 mins 30 secs. But I wonder if can hit the IPPT pass timing. Felt too exhausted and lethargic by 12 midnight. Almost dozed off while using the laptop and phone on bed.

Again, today was rather boring as well. Afternoon went to Yunnan bookstore to buy a small notebook for the new job, so that I could jot down any new information. *Haven't finish reading the PDF sent out by the HR! Aigoo...*

It was boring until the point where PG said he bx wanted to go out to satisfy his Korean food cravings. It just got me excited also! Aiyoyo, all because of the Korean drama Let's Eat la! 看到韓國美食就不行去…… Even WX also bx when I just wanted to test water on him as he's usually not very keen on Korean food. Of course I used 'Teadot' to lure him out LOLOLOL... 每個人的抵抗力都很低呢!

Supposed to meet around 6.15-6.30 pm at Beauty World. 5.30 pm set off, went to the usual bus stop and bus 157 went off. So took 187 to bus stop opposite of Parc Oasis, then walked towards Blk 303 bus stop, hopefully there were other buses could bring me to destination quickly. It's only now then I know that 178 could bring me to Bukit Batok East. Lastly, changed to 970 in front of Autobacs bus stop.

Saw PG at the traffic light! How come he can reach so fast when he said he left house at 5.40 pm?! Still got time to make a visit to Lotte Mart baituo!

Not long after, WX also arrived. Off we went to 주막 Korean restaurant!

Ordered 자장면 ($12), 치킨 ($35) and 부대찌개 ($30). The 자장면 wasn't really fantastic, given that I've tasted Tae Woo's one before, the taste was slightly off. So I would cast my vote to Tae Woo and 동방홍. As for the 치킨, they don't allow us to mix 2 flavours into one serving (8 pieces), a bit disappointed though. But the chicken pieces were so huge until WX raised white flag! Aigoo, Both me and PG managed to stuffed 3 chicken pieces each. Very full after that. This was my second time eating 부대찌개 @ 주막. Some people may say this dish is way too overpriced. Yep, it's totally correct and I do agree that. But I want to go for the taste and with cheese and ramyeon added, mmmm... it's just so fit to my tastebuds. Hehe!

 小菜
這次沒有雞蛋捲
也沒有江魚仔
小失望的說~

 
부대찌개
很久沒吃了
雖然材料很便宜
但只要是辣
就是那麼美味

 這碗炸醬麵被另外兩道菜比下去
就這樣遜掉了

 
 這個我欲罷不能!
^^

 Damage: $28.30 (total $84.70)

Business was good on a normal Saturday - the restaurant was almost full hosue. Left the place at 7.45 pm and brought WX to Lotte Mart for the first time. He wanted to buy 봉봉 drink but sadly the shop didn't carry that. Then bus 174-66 to JE. They xyy played SGS on bus, while I enjoyed the trip by myself.

Over at teadot, PG had matcha gravity ($7) while I had hazelnut ceylon ($7). But because of the 1-for-1 offer, it's HALF price! The cashier made a mistake by giving 25% discount when it should have been 50% discount. Almost sagged when she doesn't know how to cancel off the transaction. The result was to wait a few minutes for transaction to be reset. Aigoo~

 半價喔
兩杯才$7而已

The hazelnut ceylon, put it bluntly, is actually the teh which we could order at kopitiams, otherwise it's a little less milky and sweet. On the other hand, the matcha tasted like it should, no complain here.

WX said ever since he bought the Zenbook, he 不捨得 use his laptop. Can always understand how someone feel whenever there is a new gadget coz I myself also guilty of this. But for his case, as the laptop is the only computer lying around and is so important to him, by right he should use it more mah, not meh?!

Damage: $3.50 (total $7 after half price offer applied)

Mum is considering new tablet. Was looking at Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, but felt it is a little expensive no doubt the specs are good, a bit overkill for mum and sis to use if for light usage. And Samsung has a smaller 8 inch one, but the specs looks average at its best leh.


Then saw this LG G Pad 8.3 looks not bad, it's a lot cheaper than 10.1, almost half price as that of Note 10.1 Omo... Specs are much better than the tab 8.0 too. Otherwise Nexus 7 would be the best bet liao.

Shall wait, as upcoming weeks most likely I have lots of stuff to settle.

No comments: