2014-02-17

Run + soccer ball on PIE + trolley found in drain + McD at King Albert Park closing soon - for real this time

Left this week as the last week of my super long holiday before I embark on the next phase of life.

WX bought new laptop yesterday! UX302LG for $1498. Don't know where he bought it from. But congrats and good luck on using Windows 8.1! ᄏᄏᄏ

Afternoon went for a run. One month without exercise + CNY goodies = grown fat! In fact, from the weighing machine at gym yesterday, I weigh 67 kg now! It isn't a shocking news, but I'm quite relieved that my weight is the same as before I went gym. Thanks to the dieting plan that I've set for myself before CNY. It works, slowly but gradually...

Saw two scenes during the run.

Firstly, the soccer ball flew from Hong Kah Sec's field, over the jogging track, canal drainage and onto PIE, causing jams and chain collisions. Is either extend the existing fence taller or don't play until so hiong. 險象環生!

誰醬狠心把推車丟下壟溝?!

Then, saw a supermarket trolley in the drain. Wah... Who could have thrown it in?! It's so absurd that I took picture of it. Based on the appearance, it looks like the trolley belongs to NTUC. But nearby there isn't any huge supermarket around. At the most are those NTUC, Giant and Sheng Siong mini-supermarts where trolleys are quite useless due to the space constraint. So does the trolley came from JE or Jurong Point?

Then just now this news came by:

麥當勞317日結束營業

Initially I didn't know there exists a McD there one. The first time I visited was back during NS time where I went to find YZ and SH. Time flies~ Recently also went there with PG they all to chill and play SGS after studying at NUS. Easier for HH to go home from there and it isn't too far from my house too. Last time already heard that King Albert Park was sold for new development or some sort, but at that time McD didn't announce anything yet. So I thought the development plan could be cancelled. And now, it is going to cease its business on 16 March. Together with others like Spinelli and Island Creamery as the whole building was en-bloc and new developments are coming.

It's not hard to link this and East Coast Park's McD where it also had the same fate in 2012. So coincidence that during that time, McD chose to cease its operation on 18 Mar, which is almost same date as this I may not have visit these outlets very often - actually it's once in a blue moon,  but I do note of its existence because of the fantastic location.

Goodbye. You'll be missed.

No comments: