2014-02-23

Last day of holiday

Today marks the last day of my super super super long 9 months of holiday before I embark on next phase of journey. Thanks to this holiday and some sort of a crisis, I've now reorganised my priorities. Perhaps in the past, I could have plan 1 or 2 gadgets aka expensive hoots per year. But now, hell no! I shan't spend so much money on getting new stuff when the existing ones are working well.

A perfect example is the iPad. If I started working back in June last year, I now already would have thought of upgrading it to iPad Air. Maybe iPad Mini with retina display if started working in September. But what if only now then start working? No way I would upgrade iPad 2, and I appreciate it now more. It's still a great device, just without the high resolution display only.

Another example would be camera, I told myself that I would get a DSLR when I earn enough money to buy one. Till now, I haven't had a slightest thought of getting one. Perfect.

As for going out, I now go for the cheapest dining option or else totally stay at home by finding excuses. But of course, that's not to say I must stay at home 100% of the time. Just that I feel that there is no need to meet up so frequently, so rejecting invitations sometimes may help me financially.

Last but not least, I really wanted to visit Korea for another time, somewhere next year. But now there is a possibility that I have to postpone to a later date because I want to repay debt off ASAP. So that I could really save what I earn.

Other than the re-priortisation, I also enjoy 100% holiday. Morning wake up around 8 am, then use computer, wash up and have breadfast. Vacuum and sometimes mop the floor around 10 plus. When everything is finished, it's about 11 plus in morning, so get ready for lunch. After lunch it's totally free time as I could do whatever I want - job search, watch drama or just surf web. Then at 5 pm would go for run. Night time is another period of freedom. A day ends like this.

那些日子,一分錢都沒賺,但真的過得很寫意。現在要告別了,休息那麼久還是會不捨得的,但始終這種日子不能持久,總有一天得做工賺錢。就當作是做個很長卻很完美的美夢吧!

Anyway, that's all for the thoughts. Back to blog what has happened for today.

Morning went gym with PG at 9 am. WX woke up late baituo! He claimed alarm didn't sound off... Well, it could also be that he was so used to waking up super late, so overslept is the real reason, it's not surprising at all.

He only came at 10.40 am when both PG and me were almost done with the exercises. Aigoo~~ Then PG went off first while I stayed back a little bit longer with WX.

Now already jin tired. Nonetheless, still have to prepare for first day of work tomorrow ds. And I haven't finish reading the materials sent out by the HR! Aigoo...

About the transportation, PG suggested taking MRT  and tap out before 7.45 am at any of the 16 stations in town and then take bus coz the bus trip would be counted as transfer and not a new trip - super cheap! But because I have no much experience in 7 am MRT traffic, and the meeting time is 9 am.. so shall take MRT all the way to office for tomorrow, can sleep longer too!

That's all for now. Going to get prepare myself for work, yay! ^^

No comments: