2014-04-26

Work: Day 44 + night work + dinner with Bay

Afternoon got informed that got night shift(!). What a surprise! But I already told Bay got meet up for dinner later, so I don't want to cancel it, so just chiong and meet up with him in the end. At the most drink coffee to tong for night work. As I experienced such situations back in K9 days, I was more or less prepared liao de. Even Bay also agreed that it works very similar to K9 system lol.

Met Bay at PS, had dinner at Ajisen. *Omo, happened to see Jer Wei at Uniqlo!* Had Bay suggested ramen, I could have set the venue elsewhere where we could have some rather authentic ramen. The menu that the store had was quite high tech, placed order through the iPad Mini located at each table. I had the chicken karagge curry mayo ramen ($14++) while Bay had the seafood miso ramen ($12++). The curry ramen smelt like it's quite exotic but after a few bites, it tasted rather normal liao. For Bay's one, the soup tasted almost like alcohol on first impression! But after that, it began to shift back to typical miso soup taste. LOL... Bay was commenting that there weren't a lot of scallops, but with a few sotong pieces and some vegetables. Cui by my standard lo.

 日式咖哩炸雞扒拉麵
咖哩香味撲鼻
但味道有少許淡淡
至少不是呈現出來那樣濃濃的感覺

 這個有一點點失敗的成品
Bay說是sotong + 包菜拉麵
多過是海鮮味增拉麵

Damage: $30.60

That's my treat to Bay.

Bay said that he saw Geraint 2 days ago when Geraint came over to his building (Bay attending course at Tanjong Pagar this week) to buy lunch. What's more surprising is that he actually buy cai png and commute by MRT! Omo, I thought he got a car and use that as his primary transportation. Really down to earth ds.

Then heard from Bay that Geraint didn't make contact with K9 peeps liao. True that now everyone working, hard to stay contact. He also said that SK changed a lot lol. Well, for his case, everyone was surprised too!

Went to Cold Stone Creamery @ Orchard Central. Guessed it's the first time Bay patronising this shop. Had the smallest serving of chocolate devotion ($6). Bay had his mint mint chocolate ($6) and we sat down there continue chatting.

Damage: $6

First time doing night work at mainline. I'm still rather wowed by the system and its equipments though it was not the first time seeing it. But still wowed...

Left house at 11.45 pm. Took cab down to Bugis. Just when I was about to conclude that I'm the first to reach as nobody was around, saw Vincent and Paul. Then they told me JM was waiting downstairs. But in my mind I only wanted to find toilet.

Then came up with JM to ground level, saw a bunch of people waiting outside. So weird, I was there 5 mins ago but I didn't see a single one of them. Then 5 mins later, they were waiting there. Hmm...

Started the work, got to know how to manage the system and such. Finished everything by 5 I guess(?). Had breakfast @ Starbucks, treated by boss. *Bosses were fast!* By the time then, I was a bit stoning there liao while the rest talking amongst themselves. It's not as if I am not sociable, I love chatting and talking nonsense but sometimes it's a little bit difficult to start off somewhere and I also don't know how other party is like as a person, so I tend to observe people more whenever I am new to the environment. Maybe people see me as a quiet person? Don't know.

The large sized green tea latte jin full leh and I couldn't sleep after got back from work. Zzzz... Body clock all upside down :(

No comments: