2014-04-18

Work: Day 39 + meetup with LZ

Yesterday morning went site with WK and GD. Now GD knows I'm FCH... Well, I didn't want to purposely dwell into that topic de. Because didn't like people to know what class I got, so naturally I don't start on a topic like this. Of course I wouldn't go around and asking people what's their graduating honours. Don't like people comparing this and that. Since I'm in here, we are one family liao.

Anyway, I merely said 'today is the last working day before the public holiday and that I rarely follow the upcoming public holidays in uni days'. Somehow GD can link this to FCH... Zzz... Since he now knows, he was even more surprised that I was once Dean's List holder lol... Told him don't believe go check out EEE website lor. Those were the yang days! Sense of achievement!

Still no news of the phone... Feel sad for GD.

Lunch at Lorong Ah Soo. Chicken rice was nice, but I think it's charcoal grilled one, even for the rice too. Aigoo, don't know is it too over. Then got to know TM from STE. This person was even more shocking to me than GD, he could guess my first class honours from my appearance. Now more and more people know I FCH baituo.

WK and GD were talking about car rental in Australia as GD recently went to Australia during his leave.

*Hmm, renting car in Australia is quite expensive. I thought it would be cheap?!*

Went back office and now got even more paper work to do. Hin~ And I kept getting things done not the way I wanted. Guessed I'm too stressed out le ba. Take this long weekend to relax myself.

I think I would need a little bit of time to get to know each colleague better, for example what are their interests and hobbies, what they like to do during free time etc, see if they have any common interests with me lo. Sometimes I don't know how to start a topic so that I could know them better, without causing them to feel awkward and uncomfortable. For now I could only relate NTU to both GD and JM baituo.

Today wanted to go out and find friends. Haven't been contacting them after I have commenced work, so they might not know I am working now le. Also since some of them have treated me before, it's my turn to treat them back with the salary I got. But apparently a lot of them not available today... In the end, managed to pull LZ out. He was at Westgate wanting to port over to Starhub and buy the HTC One (M8). But the 2 sets the CSO opened up for him had some defects and LZ rejected them, so LZ didn't make the purchase. I told him maybe he could try his luck at Starhub shop in town.

Trained down to Dhoby Ghaut. Finally he got his grey HTC One! Phew... At least I no need to walk to other places sourcing for HTC One. At the same time, I also played with Xiaomi's Redmi and Mi3, they are pretty good phones. As for Redmi, I think it works better in real life than in my thoughts, so it exceeds my expectations le. I could have bought this instead of Note. But shall see as I'm not in rush.

Went KDM for dinner. First time for LZ though. He had ramen as he wanted something fulfilling. I had the good kimchi fried rice ($5). Shared a serving of Tteokbokki ($5) too. LZ commented the ramen wasn't too bad and the fried rice is just simply good. Aigoo, hope he would think it's a good place to have cheap Korean food. Hoho...

Damage: $7.50

Chilled at Starbucks @ Plaza Sing till 9.30 pm. Treated LZ drink as I wanted to up my cup count! Lol... Baituo, forgot the drink I wanted is 'dark mocha frapp' and I ordered 'mocha frapp' instead. The difference is that the latter has no chocolate added. Nvm then as I had quite a bit of chocolate recently le.

No comments: