2014-04-13

Outing with JX and PG, again

Morning went for RT 2nd session, didn't get the first wave. Then saw YZ again! And also WC from JJC last time... Why YZ because I wouldn't expect him to appear at RT sessions, last year already was a shock already. But after he explained that he couldn't book IPPT slot during CNY festive period that's why default, it sounded reasonable. This time round can't be that he made the same mistake again ba? Most likely is cannot pass IPPT?! Omgakkk~

The previous time during RT when I saw him, I wasn't totally sure it was him, probably 80-90% sure as I was some distance away from him. However, today is able to confirm that it he is indeed attending either 8 or 20 sessions of RT!

Both of them didn't recognise me when I was there.

Then went to NTUC's Clementi Mall to check out some stuff. The facial cleanser which I bought at Chinatown was less than half price of what's selling at NTUC! OMG! It's unbelievable that I could save so much! On the other hand, the store also carries the super spicy Korean instant noodles.

Went to redeem the Insinc rewards of $12. Xyy can help to recoup some of the transportation expenses.

Then went home to have a short rest before went out again to meet JX and PG. JX called and asked to confirm the timing that he had wrote on WhatsApp, then he asked if I got ask HH also. I used 'just came back from RT and feeling a little bit tired' as the excuse to hint that I didn't call and ask HH. I didn't expect JX to call HH and ask him out! Then HH commented at DSF, asking us to enjoy our date, making the situation worse - more awkward, because JX didn't intend to invite HL, ZX they all. Omgakk! Actually I didn't know all these until PG whatsapped over and said that 'JX must have called HH'. Baituo~

*I don't understand why people like to squeeze near to the MRT door when the area at door was already occupied. First came over a Malay uncle after the auntie moved to the edge seat and sat down. Then came another young Malay guy and tried to squeeze in. I was feeling rather squeezy at the doors already. Can't you stand a bit further when there are so much space until train arrives at City Hall station?*

Reached City Hall station exactly on the dot at 2.30 pm. Saw Chee Wee exiting from the ticketing gantries 5 mins later, alone. What was he doing at City Hall alone? JX informed that he's at Dhoby Ghaut, waiting for the connecting train.

While waiting for JX and PG to arrive, there came this weird uncle. He first said to me that I looked like some bespectacled guy sitting at the stairs there and he wanted me to go over and see. Then say bespectacled guy would be clever la, bla bla bla. Was super confused: what was this man doing?! MCS?!!!

Then he introduced himself and bla bla bla. I was stuck and 脫不了身!The only thing I could notice from him was that he mentioned he's from some entrepreneurship initiative thingy. Then he spoke to me in a funny way where he started asking questions about me and then complemented me after I answered him. Then when everytime he complimented once, we shook hand once. It's very strange to see people talking in this way. But after so much BS-ing around the bush, here came the main point - asking for donation.

I immediately changed my attitude by saying that I wasn't interested. Ok, then he moved away and approached someone else. A few mins later, JX exited from the ticketing gantry and came over to me. That uncle came over again, and suddenly took out his hand to shake JX's hand. I bet JX must be super shocked by what's happening so suddenly ba. *Should have moved away to somewhere else once that uncle moved away from me. SSF...* Anyway, I have my reservation thoughts towards this incident. That uncle wasn't simple in first place.

If he really wanted donation, he could have gone straight to the point by introducing himself and stating the purpose and then the action(s) required. By beating around the bush, complementing people, initiating shaking hands so easily and frequently and then talked in a very weird way did arouse my suspicion towards him.

Moving on, JX initially wanted to visit cafes at Turf Club there. I seldom scold any bad words, but this time round I have to use 'dafug' on this. Want go Turf Club but meet at City Hall?! MCS?! That's making a lot of unecessary trips around leh when I could go straight to Turf Club directly from home. Called PG and he almost fainted when I relayed the message to him. In the end, the decision was to stay in town. We first went to Millenia Walk to see see look look.

Played with the new Samsung Galaxy S5 at Harvey Norman. It isn't very attractive to me, both exterior and interior wise, probably because I already have Note 3 and both devices look rather similar to each other. Then also saw the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, too big liao. JX said he's waiting Apple to introduce iPad Air's successor which would sport the TouchID feature on the home button like iPhone 5S. Me too, after shelving off the plan to buy the existing iPad Air to replace the current iPad 2, I guess I was a little tempted to change the device. But shall see how la. Need to be financially stable first.

Then PG came, went to MEDZS restuarant, not many people around. Ordered croque monsiuer ($13.90+) and eggs benedict ($14.90). Super early dinner O.o...

PG came back feeling super excited, then when he wanted to sit down, he banged onto the table which kiap my left arm! Omo~ 痛到鬼醬!Now left a scar there le T.T

As for the food, it took them unusually long time to serve us the 2 dishes. Not bad la, at least this time round the eggs benedict... tasted, looked and behaved like a proper eggs benedict lor, unlike the Bread Yard last time. Zzzz...

As for the croque monsiuer, the sausage was heavenly cooked! ^^

 Croque Monsiuer ($13.90+)
香腸太太太太好吃了!

 Eggs Benedict ($14.90+)
不好意思
手機很不給力
照片素質很差!

Damage: $30.80 (my treat to both of them)

Next was to go Commune Cafe.

JX paid for this la kopi session. I had the iced cafe mocha drink ($6.50), JX got himself a cup of cappuccino ($5). And then we had the peanut butter tart ($7.50) to share. The iced mocha drink, don't know is it I expected it must be a frapp drink, immediately got sagged after I saw the initial appearance of the drink, everything wasn't mixed! Got to mix the drink myself to have an even dose of chocolate and coffee. For the tart, as what PG had commented, it hold 得住 the taste during the first bite but slowly and surely, the peanut bitter taste would conquer the whole mouth. As much as I thought it would be so rich until it's very easy to 發熱氣。

Peanut butter tart ($7.50)
看起來含有很濃厚的花生牛油醬
但吃起來怎麼吃都不會膩的說
但又不失味道
比例調得剛剛好

家鑫的cappuccino

Damage: $0 (total $19. Yang!)

I can't remember exactly what triggered me into siao-ding-dong mode after the cafe session. PG was mentioning HH aka AJM. Then suddenly I thought of what 洪慧芳 acted in the drama '煮婦的假期' - Ah Lao and then I said to PG 'your Ah Lao is AJM la'. PG 聽了之後 hold 不住,在購物中心大聲狂笑。Omo... So embarrassing! I continued to laugh laugh laugh until exited from Suntec City. It was so funny that I couldn't stop myself, literally went into ssf + qs + siao-ding-dong + hysterical mode at that moment.

Then PG don't know is he jinja don't find it funny or trying hold it in by lying the joke wasn't funny, but when I mentioned 'Ah Lao', he laughed again like a lunatic lol. 真的是 mcs 的說……

While on our way to the 3rd cafe destination: Loysel's Toy cafe (FB page). I purposely mention that GYS seems to have found a perm job. JX said that he's employed by Showa Denko. Baituo~~ He should have started finding job last year before graduating, just like AJM ds, worked as part time at ICA will not work out de.

We couldn't get across the Rochor River to Kampung Bugis at the end of Beach Road where the cafe is located. Had to make a detour. As soon as we reached the cafe, it started to downpour! Omo~

Had a slice of green tea chestnut cake to share with PG (very full from those cafe visits). JX had his watermelon drink, so-so only leh.

 顏色很亮麗
我喜歡那個味道

Damage: $2.50 (total $5)

Luckily the rain stopped when we were about to leave the place. With still some time to spare, I initiated to visit the last cafe for the day around Lavender area - The Tiramisu Hero (FB page) - thanks to Mun Ying's Instagram photos for the idea. The cafe was newly opened and the ambience was pretty nice to enjoy a cup of coffee to spend the afternoon.

Had sausage platter ($11.50+) and a serving of mommahero (a small jar of tiramisu) ($7.50+). The sausage platter came with 3 different flavoured sausage - normal, cheese and spicy. I would say they were delicious, however too much can be a little bit over feel le shuo. As for the mommahero, ooommmpphhh!~ The alcohol taste that came together with the chocolate-cheese cake mixture was so orgasm!

 
 香腸拼盤
有普通、芝士跟辣椒三種不同口味的香腸
加上自己喜愛的香菇
就促成這道美食
但吃太多香腸我會覺得膩


 提拉米蘇!
有酒味就真的atas少許
罐子其實可以帶回家的
可是沒用到
就在店捨棄掉它
讓它在循環使用
環保喔

 Danage: $7 (total $20.90)

*Omo, got to report to site instead of going office tomorrow.*

No comments: