2014-04-30

Work: Day 45, 46, 47

Work Day 45 (28 April)

Nothing much for today, but after reading a forum thread yesterday night regarding colleagues vs friends. Yep, I think I should be more open and positive, i.e. don't keep colleagues as strictly colleagues but to mix around with them and see if it's possible to make more friends. Isn't that good news? Can be colleagues during work, but friends after work wor. Well, to become friends it shouldn't be too difficult. After all, my team's average age should be quite young, so definitely should be easier right?

Ahh, my habit is still there - I always keep to myself if I'm new to environment and open myself up slowly. And till now, I still got colleagues that I'm quite unfamiliar with...

Lunch with colleagues and Vicki. As I wasn't feeling 100% fine, I had porridge instead. WK seems to know a lot of 八卦事, GD teased him that he knows lots of gossiping stuff.

*Omo, I already knew my schedule up till June. Don't know is good or bad news zzz...*

Work Day 46 (29 April)

Morning super super sagged. As usual, I followed the timing to wake up, prepare myself for the day and finally left house to walk to Lakeside MRT. Everything was normal until I reached the platform - it was slightly more crowded today. So I thought it was just happen that the previous train had left for a while and next one was coming...

But the display showing 3 mins! Aigoo, I knew likely would be late ds.

There were longer waits at stations up till Buona Vista before the train behaved like 'normal'. After checking out at forum then I knew there was a track fault towards the Pasir Ris direction, which was the cause for the delay. Zzzz... Simi stunt?!

Indeed I was late! It was already 7.49 am when I tapped out. And when I tapped out, $1.22 was deducted. NOOOOOO!!!

To balance myself out from this incident, had a very full lunch @ 建記辣椒板麵 with WK and GD. Ordered their 辣椒幼麵 ($5) and a bottle of their homemade barley ($1.80).

看起來很小份
可是我飽了
因為碗大的關係

WK was ranting and then GD ended it off by looking at me, saying 'I'm such a good person (than WK)'... Haha, I almost bursted out laughing but hold it in and replied both of them were good people and I'm a 'bad' person la. Ok la, not really bad, but just to bring out the fact that they both are really nice people what.

Oh, GD was born in 1990. He looked like he's from 1989 but I was wrong. Same as CY lor, born in 1992 but yet could manage graduate from uni same time as me. *See how much time I've lagging behind them, if not for the NS, I would have started my career path earlier than them already...*

Finally, the letter from CPF is not about my application to repay the tuition fee loan was rejected, but now it's being processed! Phew, I was super flustered when the 2 applications I submitted previously were rejected with the reason 'signature is irregular'. I don't know what does that means. Anyway, went to bank last last Saturday (19 April) to update the signature to the one I'm using now.

Next up is to write in to increase the installment amount so that I do not have to incur the compounded interest. Jin chor leh.

After this, I couldn't do anything but would have some time to brush and pick up some financial knowledge. Yes, with the salary now I'm getting is enough to feed myself and support family partially, but isn't enough to live comfortably. So by increasing side-income would be good. But I'll see how as from now till the day I would start to do investment, there is about a 2-year period. Use this time to learn as much as possible ba!

Work Day 47 (30 April)

Followed GD to site to do work. This is the day where both of us could not complete anything! In the end we tried to do other stuff, but also didn't seem successful too. Super sian, plus the rain in the late morning didn't help neither.

His new phone now is Galaxy Ace 3 after his S4 was lost 2 weeks ago. He brought it back from Australia after his gf got it in some ways. Lucky out of the unlucky unfortunate events. A very big downgrade I would say. Didn't he want to get at least a flagship model? I always feel bad about it because it's the day he was working with me when he lost the phone. Hope the month of May is a good one ba!

He said I had good life after graduation. Where got good life?! If I can shake leg at home + money come in - then I would say it's good life. I already lagging so far behind le shuo.

Then I explained to him I started out as second upper and was quite happy with it. Until Nicholas came along to do self study outside home and my results improved leaps and bounds. I didn't want him to leave an impression that I WAS THIS good since the beginning, but only achieved it through hardwork. Aiyo~

Hehe, the fact that I was a dog handler did spike his interest to talk more. Finally got common interest liao haha. He had 3 German Shepherds (2 alive and are 7 years old each, the other one died at 10 years old) back in his home. Ok, I would like to see the pictures of the dog... Anyway, I find it's not easy to get him talk and chat lo, but I think is a good start. :)

After lunch, followed him again to another site. We talked about dogs again after showing him the photo with my dog. He mentioned something like his gf's sister would put dogs with him and the dog after finish eating, it would go up to him and gave him a nudge asking to help clean the mouth or something. The dog jin cute lor. Haha... Lastly, he asked are the balls of the dogs cut off. I was quite surprised by this question initially but I  answered him accordingly lol. It's due to the work nature, that's why the balls cannot be taken away. His dogs are done like that? Omo...

*Surprised to see Alberto there wor...*

Over there I actually didn't follow carefully what he was doing but instead I followed WK more. But again, he didn't get his things done because of some problems. Aigoo...

WK now promote to 'photo manager' hor, sneakily taking photos of us here and there. Tsk, very paiseh to have candid shots taken. Oh ya, I want him to send me the photo he took the other day when I was walking around the tracks.

No comments: