2014-01-28

More CNY shopping (Very sway yet very yang)

Today continue CNY shopping as I didn't buy anything during the previous outing with Jordan and Nicholas yet I need to get a pair of pants. After a few years without buying new long pants, it's time to buy a new one lo. Last year, it was the neon yellow shorts from Uniqlo.

Left house around 2 plus to take bus 334 to Jem, hoping that Uniqlo has the jeans with my size. *Nicholas exclaimed that it's amazing that I could remember so much stuff when writing blog post. Thanks~ I have the help of pen and paper so that I could easily jot down what was mentioned during conversations, what food we ordered, what things we do. Usually I tend to forget after a while given that now so many events taking place in a day.* Took a stroll at Westgate first, since I didn't really shop above the ground. LOL... Those shops that I usually interested are located at basement one.

Happened to see this store called 'Global Work'. It's a Japanese brand which established its existence in SG just recently and the shop at Westgate is the first one in SG lo. Saw khaki pants selling for $49.90 TBH it looked pretty decent and most importantly, it's not some japalang brand selling for $59 or even $60+ at Far East wor. At least this one is from quite reputable brand...

But there is only one pair on display and is XL side baituo!!!

So didn't buy in the end, coz I don't want to spend so much. But will KIV once I got salary then I will really consider buying that.

Sag point 1:
Moving on to Jem, saw that there isn't any size 32 for the pair of jeans I've set my eyes on. Called for assistance and they said NO MORE SIZE 32 AVAILABLE AT THIS OUTLET. Was told that the nearest outlets are Causeway Point and VivoCity. OMG, was it so popular? What if Causeway Point or VivoCity also doesn't have the stuff I wanted?

Under these circumstances, I thought going to town was the best option liao - at least if the Suntec City don't have, can walk to the next one at Plaza Sing, 313 and finally Ion. VivoCity is a bit off the route liao lo.

Luckily, there were ample stock, without any hestitation I took one and tried out along with one red polo shirt and turquoise T-shirt. The jeans a bit long so I need some alteration - FOC one! The T-shirt a bit bx as it will expose the belly I have. So in the end I settled for the maroon polo shirt and one white airism T-shirt to act as the inner shirt ds!

Damage: $64.70

So I've spent $102.50 on CNY clothes (5 items). 很洋!

Sag point 2:
Upon payment at cashier, I was told that the collection time would be 8.15 pm! WTH!!!! At that moment, it was only 5 pm and I don't see a lot of people there leh, in fact the whole shop was almost deserted. Therefore I would expect it should be done within 1 hour. Even if they say 7 pm also not that shocking to hear...

Got the option to go home first, then come down the next day again to collect but I just don't want to spend money and time travel here and there. So I decided to wait till time's up. With the spare time to kill, I began to tour around marina area. Firstly, I went to Muji to check out the food stuff there. Saggy, they no more selling the cakes that I xyy de. Next, noticed some construction is going on now just outside of Marina Square. My impression of Marina Square had been fixed since 2007 and now they are changing the looks o of it. Haiz...

Took a few pictures of the CBD area and MBS with the phone. Actually I haven't been taking the phone to outdoor and snap photos with it, so I'm not sure how good is the camera during daytime. The result was that the camera is indeed excellent at taking photos during daytime.

Then walked over to the floating platform along the Singapore River. Saw they were preparing the CNY light displays at the platform. Then there was this big big big 財神爺 standing quite tall...

第一次用SamsungHDR功能
用來應付這種光線多不多少不少嚴峻的環境
效果還不錯

我喜歡Samsung的連接圖功能
除了左右兩邊會有少許的銜接殘影
其他的幾乎是完美

春到河畔


 這個是夜間展覽會
夜晚打開燈飾
這些展覽品就很美了

Sag point 3:
Just as I finished taking pictures of the stuff on the floating platform and wanted to take pictures of the 財神爺, the phone said only 5% of battery juice left! Means the camera won't work if remaining battery is < 5%. WQ saggy!

Sag point 4:
And I didn't bring mobile charger! Sag

Didn't expect to go out for so long. Now the phone needed to tahan till at least 9 pm with that remaining 5%, super saggy lor. Switching to flight mode then on it after some periods to check if there were any calls, SMSes or whatsapp messages was the only solution le.

Walked past the floating platform and reached flyer area. This was the first time I walked to the opposite side of the helix bridge, Bayfront Ave and also ECP.... Oops, it's now called Sheares Ave liao.

The wind was quite big so it didn't feel very hot and sweaty. There was a group of secondary school students preparing for Chingay(?) at the F1 grandstand which was just behind the flyer. Also, saw some people playing a new kind of sports - it looked almost like skiing on snow, but instead of a flat surface bua-ing the snowy ground, there were wheels which do the motion on the rock-hard ground instead. And the person will hold some sticks and propel them forward. Looks like holding 拐杖 to move around though. @.@

After some walking, came to Nicoll Highway. It was about 6 plus already. Then continued walking along Beach Road and go back to Suntec City. Saw a girl waiting for traffic light at the Beach Road/Rochor Road junction. She was holding onto a Korean book which I could recognise the Korean term for Singapore on its cover - so the girl was a tourist! Aigoo. It came to me that nowadays a lot of Koreans are in Singapore, either temp stay as tourists or more permanent stay as employees here or even PRs.

It was 7 pm only when I got back to Suntec City. I thought to wait for 8.15 pm was a torture to me. So went to the new Giant supermarket to see see look look. Small outlet I would say~

Yang point 1:
Went back to check out the altered jeans at 7.30 pm. Delighted when they said it was ready for collection. Maybe I could have tried my luck by coming back at 7 pm lor.

Yang point 2:
Wanted to go back by bus after extensive walking just now. Saw 97 went away. Then shortly after double decker 111 came and I was the only passenger onboard! Very yang!

Yang point 3:
The bus was very fast because nobody boarded or alighted from the bus, it even caught up with and overtook the double decker in front!!! I was shrieking out on the upper deck!

Yang point 4:
Towards Buona Vista, the previous 111 was still behind my bus.

Yang point 5:
Just before I alighted at opposite Blk 43, saw bus 185 already at the traffic light, waiting to turn right. Meaning, there was no need to wait for 185! I just kept moving back to west side ds!

The whole journey took slightly more than an hour without any entertainment using the phone. Yes, it was longer than taking MRT, but at least I got to sit down and let my legs to rest. Taking bus is really xyy ds.

*Understand that JX want to treat us after he got his first pay before CNY because he doesn't want to owe others through the CNY from snake year to horse year. But the rest not free until CNY oh~ I only not free yesterday only. Wait after CNY ba...有心就好!

No comments: