2014-07-28

K9 catch up: la kopi

Had la kopi just now with Bay and YZ.

Over at Casuarina Curry...
Talked about the K9 days. Bay mentioned that he tried to do away with EMR duties while I don't have many EMR duties in first place. He said that it doesn't make much sense to put 2 men there for 15-hour duties. There was once when Bay was taking Bart to stand in the morning, then Bart lao sai. In the end, Bay got to bring jerry can to pour the shit away. Haha! I got similar incident with Argo or Charlie too, can't remember which dog le. YZ said that there was one time when quite a number of people were down, in the end we no need to do the kennel master duties. Actually doing ops isn't a bad thing afterall, get to dismount the next day quite nice.

Bay said that kennel master and guard duties are quite bo hua because cannot dismount after duties. I agree with him, dismount is like a free off given and one could do whatever he likes lo. Staying in camp has restrictions to adhere.

Then over CNY duties, YZ said he was the one to have mount dismount mount dismount consecutively throughout the CNY period. I said that everyday need 10 people on duty and unit had only 2 Indians around, of course Chinese got to fill up the vacancies la. As far as I can, due to my situation, I try to put myself in these dates lo. But people like Mao Gui were really a little bit selfish leh. Sad...

YZ said that all the saikang we name it he got tio before: most, if not all, the Welcome Guard he tio. LOL~ For me, at the most is tio reserve for Welcome Guard after dismount, i.e. cannot leave camp straight away after finished everything. I only can went home after around 3 pm. The most the most bizarre one was when he, together with Charleston and Edwin tio called to go Guards there to do painting works. Even I myself also find it ridiculous, the camp IIRC, is located at the other end of SG, cannot call for support nearby meh?

We all agree that Jackie has got to be the best dog for deterrence purpose. Personal experience tells me that I got the secure feeling when I'm with him. To the outsider, they may think he quite siao.

I asked if they got mount mount 2 days consecutively before a dismount before, it seemed all of us got this kind of combination before. For me is because I got to fulfill punishment (I think it's because of punishment la). Talking about punishment, I mentioned to them that I still remember ZY tio dog bite by Jackie. But I wasn't the culprit, I merely told him to put Jackie back. I was doing something else, think was helping the other section to wash kennels, can't remember exactly what I did liao. Both Bay and YZ think it's right that ZY tio dog bite. Baituo... Whatever it was, the next day MSG Tang knew about this incident and asked me what happened. I was quite surprised then, but I still told him what happened. This was quite strange, because I told him to stay as per normal and the dog bite wasn't serious at all. Give it a few days and the wound should have recovered. At that point of time, I suspected it's Ang YL who told MSG Tang, but then if he told Tang, then ZY must have tell him liao, coz I remembered after the incident, I asked Bay if he know about this incident, then keep mum about it. Tang gave me three extra kennel master duties, but I only fulfilled one and the one got converted to SW by Chionh last minute because he needed the early dismount on Saturday. In the end, I got to earn extra half day off lol. 算是因禍得福吧?

As usual, it's always quite nice to bring such topics up to chat after ORD. The point is that don't think those bad memories as literally BAD. But come to think of it years later, it may not seem to be a bad thing. For example now if I compare myself to those in same reservist unit as me, I can say that I had the privilege to be part of the K9 team, which is quite unique on its own le.

Bay mentioned the sad case about Ranger. 現在想起來還是有一點惋惜,牠們怎麼說都是為了SAF終生效命,可是遺體卻遭丟進垃圾桶。話說那天Ranger去世後,Bay帶牠的遺體去給獸醫驗死因,結果斷定為自然死亡後,遺體遭丟進附近的垃圾桶。難道他們沒有一個程序來處理動物的遺體嗎?難道牠們就不是生命嗎?難道這是牠們應得嗎?難道牠們就只值這樣的待遇嗎?到現在想起來還是愛莫能助,我當然不希望個個去世後都有這樣的下場,Bay還說Ranger投胎轉世後不要回來當兵犬。*我都要點頭贊成的說*

This is the only thing that left some sort of scars on K9 experience.

For reservist, I thought Bay is from Sembawang Camp one, until he just now clarified that he's in Kranji Camp now. For YZ, I can't believe that his ICT is so slack! Then Edwin was playing Nintendo DS all day long. Somemore there is Saravanan! Omo, Saravanan is a name which I very seldom come across now le. Anyway, YZ said he has 3 children now (wow!), and he always get best soldier award after YZ and Edwin keep voting for him. LOL~

Moving on to IPPT. Again, I stressed that with some more training, getting silver for my IPPT isn't impossible anymore. For now, pass with incentive shouldn't be a problem, so I can wait to get $200 le! YZ said that if only they retain the static stations and remove the 2.4 km run, because he can pass all the static stations and the run takes up most of the time in IPPT. But he also noted that he always pass with borderline results, meaning there is high probability that he could not clear in one attempt, need to come back another time to clear all. But with this new IPPT, I think he could pass it without thinking too much. RT is taking up too much of our time le. IMO, even people like Shi Hao or SK can pass without much difficulty now le.


On way back, YZ mentioned a lot of relationship stuff he both previously and currently going through. This is quite rare because he isn't quite the person who like to share a lot of personal stuff with friends around him. Afterall, I also doesn't contact him often. Anyway, I have no dating experience so I cannot comment much. But certain actions are quite obvious in the meaning and YZ took the replies from the girls as surface meaning. If the girl ask him to wait for her, how long should the guy wait? Should the guy even wait? This reply is possible because perhaps the girl doesn't want to reject the guy directly, so by giving such replies, she hopes the guy get the meaning. 但是呢,來到感情這回事,我覺得YZ會蠻癡情,而且還會被愛情蒙住了自己的視線,導致自己看不清楚去路,很容易走錯路。Seeing how he can wait 1 year for the girl but the girl also didn't do anything for him, I already know liao. 1 year leh, for me I think at most 3-6 months if no further action, I move on liao lo. 若真的喜歡對方的話,何不嘗給自己彼此機會試試看。還在長相廝守的話,就可能有問題了。

Wish the best for him lo.

No comments: