2014-07-18

Dinner with YZ

The phone reached SG in the morning! But sagged when the courier company changed the date from 18 July to 24 July. Aigoo, meaning I can't play with the phone this weekend le. =\

Wanted to redeem free complimentary starbucks drinks today as today is the last day for redemption liao. But morning left house forgot to take Starbucks card! Only until I was walking through the HDB blocks then realised. In the end walked back to take the card then went to work again. Was late for the train, but timing could mean that PG could be on the train to work also. So I said to him that I was late for work only now on Lakeside platform.

Then while the train was between Chinese Garden and Jurong East, he replied that he just boarded the train! Aigoo, meaning we were on the same train ds! I looked over to the front, but couldn't spot him ds. As I was late for work, so I dropped off at Outram Park then ride on bus 147. Still got free ride ds~

Alighted at Boon Keng MRT to change bus 23. Was surprised to see boss on bus! Both of us were yawning away, work is jin tiring lo~ Found out that he lives rather near to workplace ds. Also saw Kuan Yeh boarding the bus.

Nothing much at work~ Lunch at Lavender. Fishball noodles ($3.30) was quite nice. Thanks Raymond for the carrot cake! :)

Left office at 6 pm to go Jurong East, going to be late for meetup with YZ. *Shriek! He said he coming from home! He no need to work today? Or work end early?!* Reached Jem at 7 pm. He said he was at level 4, so I went up to find him. Upon reaching level 4, he said he was at level 3 and asked me to go 新旺香港茶餐廳 to queue up.

Then he appeared in T-shirt, jeans pants and slippers! Aigoo... Then throughout the dinner we were talking about each other's work. His job might be quite paperwork intensive, but I think it could be interesting leh... At least no need to wear white helmet ba~ Most jelly when he said he still 'slacking' around when I am working almost cannot tahan liao. Baituo~

Ordered fish 'n' chips ($9.90) and iced 鴛鴦 ($1.90). The 鴛鴦 was on promotion, that's why so cheap.

*No photo to show.*

Then after dinner, I wanted to redeem the free drink from Starbucks. As I treated him for dinner, in return for the treat, he wanted to drive me home. But I said I wanted to go Starbucks, it's okay for him to leave first. But he insisted to send me home, ok so I said after I got the drink from Starbucks lor.

While I was about to enter Starbucks cafe at Jem, suddenly YZ pushed me away from Starbucks and asked me to walk away. He claimed that he saw a couple in the cafe whom he doesn't really like (or dislike), that's why he said move to next Starbucks. So in the end, we went Jurong Point instead.

Over there, he bought a pair of ties for work purpose. He explained that he only come out to shop only for stuff he really need to buy, so other times he stayed at home and become 宅男. LOL~ Oh ya, he bought iPad Mini le shuo. Really getting more and more tempted to upgrade my iPad le. Wonder what would the next iPad look and feel like.

We then moved to Starbucks, both of us were surprised that the area outside NTUC X’tra has been renovated to look like a typical street with neon lights in HK. They looked quite nice actually, next time can take photo and Instagram it lol. XYY, the person confirmed the information on the website is correct ds. Moved on to redeem the free 13th drink by ordering Dark Mocha Frappe without whipped cream. Now the next step is to redeem the cake.

As to why he quitted from the previous company, he said his job scope is something which is not really suitable for engineer. For e.g., certain tasks are too trivial and administrative and yet he needs to manage it. Adui, engineering job doesn't mean 100% technical. Administrative work plays a big part too. But then again, it's his choice to decide his career path lo.

He kept saying I'm too pessimistic about my job - coz I'm so tired after working. It's not I never try to be optimistic, but the amount of workload in first place makes it difficult to sustain it leh. Maybe for a while can la. Plus, it's not easy to solve an issue, so it is quite time consuming and can be quite sian when I can't find the cause or have any observation from the logs.

On our way back to the car, YZ stopped by to see some crystal ornaments. He mentioned that his brother is getting married and now he's thinking what to get as wedding gift. Ok, this is first time I learnt that his brother actually got gf ds. His brother was in overseas working after graduated in overseas too, so don't know how things work out. Talked about this actually linked me to both Edwin and Zhang Jie. I know both have gf and they are very stable already. It should not be surprising when both of them announced that they are getting married, but I'm still surprised. Haha, maybe marriage didn't really come across my mind ba.

Anyway, thanks YZ for the ride back home.

The news centred around MH17 incident. After MH370 went missing, this is another blow to Malaysian Airlines. For now, nobody knows the root cause. 想起來幾個月前才飛去西班牙,還是會有少許怕怕的。

No comments: