2014-07-28

Cafe hop on Hari Raya

Morning was working by sending emails, actually quite sian - I myself try not to work during weekend because it has been real exhausting for me from work le. I don't understand why until now still there are so many problems, all these problems I have to clean up the shit... Having Tuesday blues now.

Attendees:
1. Me
2. PG
3. Nicholas
4. JX (left early)

Supposed to meet at 12.30 pm at Kovan. But I was still working on sending emails out before I call it a day. Only left house at 12.05 pm. By the time I reached Kovan it was 1.15 pm liao. Didn't see they all at Ice Edge cafe, only realised that they went to Hatter Street for waffles chillout! Zsd baituo! The weather was hot and humid and I was sweating away already.

JX made reservation at 12.50 pm. But when they returned from Hatter Street at 1 plus, the staff told JX that the estimated waiting time was about 45 minutes. Omo, instead we waited for Ice Edge, hoping that Lola could open seats for us once we finish the food at Ice Edge to save time.

Ordered waffle with a single Mao Shan Wang scoop ($10). The waffle was ok to me but they commented the waffle wasn't a match to Hatter Street de. Somemore it's cheaper over at Hatter Street ds and JX treated PG and Nicholas. Sag for me!

貓山王雪糕+鬆餅

 Damage: $2.50 (total: $10.70)

After that the automated call really came as we were finishing the desserts. Went over and were saggy to find that the seats we got were outdoors! But we saw that the diners at indoor window seats were finishing their food soon so we didn't mind to wait a bit longer to get the air-con seats. Yang! It's a bit weird when I discovered they have two different WiFi network, one is the main one and another is the external one. I guess the external one should be for patrons' use. But after enquiring the waiter there, he claimed that the WiFi networks are for internal use. Baituo... =.=

Ordered:


熱摩卡($5.50)

Lola's Full Monty Breakfast ($15)

 Mushroom Melt ($10)


Avocado Eggs Benedict ($15)


 那盤炸雞($10)
還有未曾出現在照片裡的truffle fries ($12)

果然很豐盛的說!

Damage: $21 (total $83)

*Omo, saw this Burmese guy whom I always see him around in NTU at the cafe ds*

JX left around 3.15 pm because he had night shift today. Also sag for him. Then left three of us continued to sit at the cafe even after the bill was settled because we don't know what the next destination to go. PG suggested to call The Coffee Daily but nobody picked up as I made several attempts. Sag.

Next I called Artistry. Someone picked up and said the cafe is closed today and asked us to come tomorrow. Weird when you said cafe closed but you were at cafe picking up calls?!

Without more choices, we decided to head town to explore. Took bus 107M and the journey was quite fast surprisingly. Nicholas fell asleep and I secretly took photo of him sleeping on bus. That's what I have been doing lately on my commute to work ds, I'm too tired liao.

At Millenia Walk, Nicholas called HH and he revealed to HH that I was with Nicholas. Bet HH was jelly ds. But anyway he didn't come out because it was a bit last minute and his mum cooked dinner le. And also he xyy on Diablo 3, that's why LG on coming out ba lol. PG so quiet there jin du!!! But we didn't do anything there, then decided to go Lady M @ Marina Square. But before that, we went to take photo at Morgan Fields just outside Promenade station. A lot of people there and we were embarrassed to take funny poses with the big food picture on the poster. Then we continued our way to Marina Square. There was this Alive Museum which looks almost like trick-eye museum in RWS or in Korea. But jinja so ex @ $25 for adult when I just need to spend $10 in Seoul to enter the museum and a lot of people were queuing to buy the tickets to enter.

Saw Teo Heng at Suntec! New outlet, but also not cheap leh. $16/hour ds. 3 hours = $48 liao. Gong cha is just beside it.

Luckily it wasn't a long wait at Lady M. Seemed to find the malls were not so crowded as during Saturday. Everybody is having blues ba, including me ds. Usually Sunday night and whole of Monday were totally blue for me, very depressed. Ordered:


Green Tea Mille Crepe ($8.50++)

Tarte a la Mange ($7.50++)

Damage: $6.25 (total $18.85)

Didn't know that J.Co at Bugis Junction has been replaced by Paris Baguette. Think the donut trend is kinda hard to sustain lo. But I see Paris Baguette, despite the super pricey items, the business is very good wor. Always see queues in the Jem and Wisma branches de. But in Korea, there isn't any queue at all. Lol... Funny sight.

Next I suggested the next destination to go as it was a little bit early - still not 7 pm yet. Actually if they have nothing more to do, I'm ok to go home too as I already have blues feelings liao. At first we were discussing having dinner at Far East Plaza, those tze char stall on level 5, but it was so far away, a bit out of way le. Nichoals said he's not eating because he was so full from the late lunch. Then PG suggested food court, so we moved off from Lady M to the food court. Saw the stall selling the famous Japanese teppanyaki fish fillet set @ $6 (bet most likely the fish fillet has shrunken in size) at down in front of the Korean stall. I said that I don't mind trying out the kimchi fried rice @ $6. Then Nicholas said it wasn't nice as he came here before with JX. Aigoo... Then after that he said he got craving for fries at Carls Jr. Aigoo! He taking us for hor-lan?!

Sis and cousin not joining us because cousin wanted to go home early. This spurred me even more to try not to stay out too late.

Then we went down the escalator just outside Lady M, again it was hor-lan because Carls Jr isn't located there. Omo, why keep hor-lan de?

At Carls Jr, Nicholas said he's not having burger, so I said both me and PG could share the burger and he could have the fries himself instead. Drinks can be shared by all of us. So in the end Nicholas bought the BBQ chicken burger set @ $12.90. But because Nicholas got SAFRA card, got discount $2 off jek. Yang!

Then while eating the halved burger, the gravy somehow got leaked out of the paper wrap and dripped onto my bag and shorts! Aigoo, more work for me to do to clean up the mess. Sian...

Damage: $3.50 (total $10.90)
 

Nicholas called HH again and requested him to call back using home phone. But HH was still xyying over Diablo 3, so he didn't want to call. Nicholas seemed disappointed lol. After some chats over there, we called it a day early as I wanted to go home early. Reached home at 9.55 pm. Got durian to eat before I sleep jek, yang again!

明天不懂怎麼辦,最期待星期四下午過後……

No comments: