2013-10-31

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Yay! Finally, it's my turn to change phone after about 3 years with iPhone. This is my first phone from Samsung and I'm glad I got their flagship model, but not my first Android phone.

三星最新旗艦手機——Galaxy Note 3 (갤럭시노트 3)

 
 充電中……

The reason for change is I wanted to jump to Android for more customization and personalization options. But perhaps a bigger reason is that iOS file system could support 9999 photos at any one time. It means that after IMG_9999, it will reset back to IMG_0001 and overwrite the previous photo with IMG_0001. So I wanted to switch to Samsung's file system where this problem is eliminated as date and time is used instead and enjoy the beauty of the big screen. ^^

SingTel really mixed up with my iPhone 5S order liao. Wanted to sign the gold iPhone 5S and sell it off then buy Note 3. Very pissed but nothing I can do to resolve the issue. 何時才能把這台iPhone 5S脫手呢?Happened that today free, I went down to Red White mobile to get the white Note 3 @ $870. Quite a good deal IMO. Previous phone was a black iPhone 4S, so wanted to change to white - it got me hestitated for a while as I was keen to go for the black, but I guess white is easier to go with various casing.

A big windy rain obstructed me from going from Plaza Sing to Cathay. Had to hang around at Plaza Sing for a while, before I sheltered myself over to Cathay.

*心情好所以把雨傘借給一對情侶,男生最後淋雨跑向Plaza Sing。奇怪明知道最近天天下午都會下雨,怎麼不帶傘?

The handphone shop was rather deserted - in fact Cathay was deserted. Rain could be a factor. Good for shopping lo - love weekday shopping!!! After paying for the phone, started to inspect the phone so that it doesn't have any defect. The phone looks high quality with a sturdy built - I kinda suspected this phone was made in Vietnam. The charger design was similar to the Nokia ones, where the Earth plug could be retracted back to the Live and Neutral plugs to save space. But the white colour on the extendable part is different from the main charger! OMG, this is flagship phone leh, the charger looks cheap though...

After I left the shop, went to Adix shop at Burlington Square to get a screen protector and casing. I missed the shop and actually went to The Bencoolen. Only to realise the shops there are selling 中式乾糧、衣服、腳部按摩/洗臉店, then I know I went to the wrong place liao. T.T

The screen protector I got was from Clasy and is made of glass. Now I don't know if this brand is from Korea, I do notice that most glass screen protector are manufactured in Korea. So I take it as Korean made lo. The quality is very good but also thick as well, but it doesn't affect the usage in any way. For the casing, I got the Momax transparent colored one for $10 lol.

The result? Lol...

 美到…… 實際外觀美過照片的說

Then went to Sim Lim to get the SanDisk 64GB memory card for $58.80. WX wanted me to help him get the Samsung 32GB card as he found out that Suntec CEE was selling at a higher price. But to his disappointment out of stock at $30.50 shop so he went back to CEE to buy his card for $32.50. We decided to meet at City Hall platform later on to train home.

*Pepero no more offer le :( Got to live with the remaining stock I have lol~ ok la, stay healthy!

The first thing I notice about Note 3 is the enormous size and weight of the battery. I can say the battery takes up > 50% of the phone's weight. Nonetheless the 3200mAh battery is good to last one day of heavy usage ba. The display was gorgeous, but still not very accurate in displaying colours, particularly the blues. Everything was snappy on the phone, except when the phone needs access to the memory card - of course this can be forgiven...

Apps wise, have to give credit for Apple's tight control of the whole iOS system. Given the same app, the iOS version is better designed than the Android one most of the time. For example, the mousehunt app looks horrible on Android but is ok on the iOS. And I can't turn off FaceBook message notification on Android! This is possible on the iPhone though.

Now I'm trying to get used to the two storage locations. A bit of settings to be tweaked here and there and I should be good to go into Android world!

No comments: