2013-10-18

Interview at Marvell

Went for interview with Marvell at Tai Seng today. Left house slightly before 1 pm, and I was almost late for the interview. While in the panic mode at that point of time, I got off from MacPherson MRT station and took a cab instead. $4.70, 好貴啊!T.T :(

Anyway, luckily I reached the place about 10 mins before 2.30pm, which was the scheduled meeting time. The receiptionist 一眼就看得出我不是新加坡人,因為我的姓名實在是太特別了, lol... The building looked rather deserted tho.

I was led into a room where I did the 45-min test. The HR told me I should finish the test by 3.15pm. However, within 30 mins, I was stopped by the interviewers - suspect they are either PhD or masters grad and they wanted to start the interview proper liao. Of course I was a bit shocked and confused at the same time and didn't complete the test too. Tried my best to do it liao lo. *然後開始覺得奇怪起來了……

One thing for sure, the test was a lot more easier than the first interview I went. At least this one test on basic stuff, that one too advanced liao. Torture...

They started the interview by going through the questions. From there, I was able to extend my answer or to show them what I know, in addition to the answer or part-of-an-answer. One thing I wanted to comment was that I was requested to invert the expression for function Y to Y-bar. Instead of doing the long winded way (put two bars, break the bar, change the AND/OR sign), I straight away wrote down the expression for Y-bar. They were caught somewhat surprise though, but the answer was correct. Thanks to the truth table, I always rely on truth table for any digital electronic stuff problem.

The interview mainly went through the test paper, without much other stuff.

Towards the end, the interviewer only know that I was only informed about the test a day ago, which wasn't enough for me to revise all of the electronic topics. Imagine squeezing 4 years of stuff into one day of refresher course. 這也難怪啦……

No comments: