2014-08-09

Wed + Thurs night shift + Fri dinner with LZ

Some updates here.

2014-08-06 Wednesday

Lunch at JTC. Saw that Kuan Yeh from NTU last time again. Actually I'm not sure if he would have notice me because back in NTU days I think we kept bumping into each other. He's the one kena complained by Max when they got paired up to do one technical elective where they need to draw the wiring for the CMOS logic gates. 拜托…

Joa ssf. Was going for this fire extinguisher lesson at the meeting room. So the in charge came over and called us to move to the meeting room. I asked the in charge if Barry needs to go or not. Then Barry asked go where. I said 把你賣掉。Then Joa said 要賣也是把你賣掉先。

Was utterly speechless.

Then I told Barry that Joa very as she always threaten me that she would move my table out to the lift lobby. He just laughed laughed and laughed away there.

Then Joa said 'no la...', giving me shoulder message while we walked to the meeting room. Lol~

The day ended really late coz of conference call made to Spain.

Xyy, my docomo USB cable ($4.50 from Qoo10) arrived liao. This is an ordinary cable, but it has the ability to carry currents up to 3-4 A also no problem, because of the structure is 20AWG. Decided to give it a try on Redmi Note to see if the charging time will be shorter or not. The quality isn't bad, the cable looks tough and works equally tough too! The cable is rather stiff so I couldn't really bend into whatever shapes/coils I want, but that's a small matter anyway. Also, it has two ferrite beads at both ends of the cable to block out noise in the signals, so that the signal is clean and data transfer can be ensured is good. 


2014-08-07 Thursday

Nothing much happened in the daytime. Got night shift but I didn't really get to rest because of the amount of workload then left office a bit late. Super sian and stressed up. The comfort thing is that I only need to verify that everything is working properly. So it's still not too bad la.

Went Jcube starbucks to get the promotional drinks to increase the cup counts - hoping to get the mini card. But while I was on my way to JE, PG announced that the barista told him that only normal tracker would get updated, the mini card promotional tracker will not! Sag! Then Nicholas went stadium outlet to check it out and confirmed that both trackers got updated. The worry thing was that both confirmed from their login, the mini card tracker didn't get updated! It's not logical because the promotional drinks are handcrafted by the barista so there is no reason that the tracker won't be updated.

Then the two of them went to FB to make noise so that the management could look into this matter. Lol!

It's my turn to try my luck at JCube outlet. Firstly I confirmed with barista that both trackers would update with the new purchase. Next, I proceeded with the order. But after that I checked on my phone both trackers weren't updated!!! Omo, so the issue was affecting all starbucks card users.

Kept the receipt in case Starbucks needs evidence to conduct investigation aigoo.

Went home to treat family with the drinks. Xyy ds.

Almost overslept for the night shift work. Went out at 12.30 am to draw money before taking a cab down to site. While I was coming back to my house side to flag for cab, happened to bump into Vincent. Omo... He was smoking away ds. Was surprised to see him. He said he was with his new gf and now going home. Then I said 'wah so fast got new gf le wor...' He was equally surprised to see me outside at this hour.

Then as soon as I crossed the road to the other side, immediately saw an empty cab and flagged it down. But I was taken aback because I saw an aunty beside the driver. After the uncle driver confirm can fetch me, he later explained that he was driving his wife(?) home after seeing another doctor. But because of the inconvenience created, he said that he only start the meter after the aunty alighted at Bukit Gombak area.

Later he said that being engineer is good. Where got good when I have no life since started working? Aigoo don't talk about stuff like gf, I don't even have time to rest for myself le leh... I'm still trying to find work-life balance lor.

Left the place at 3 am and reached home 3.30 am. Yang because there was a cab just outside the gate liao. No need to wait. Then slept at 4.20 am.

Learnt that there is another cable which is even better than the Docomo cable one - the LG microUSB cable. It is not so stiff as the Docomo one, so it's easier to bend or coil it to be kept away when not in use. But the downside is that it has no ferrite beads to block out the noise in the signals.


2014-08-08 Friday

Woke up at 10.30 am in the morning. PG and Nicholas said that Starbucks acknowledged it's their fault on the tracker issue and they had updated the trackers accordingly. I also managed to get this issue solved before going to work.

Omo, now everybody see me as super workaholic. It's not that I want to be like that, but the work that I now have to do all got dateline one, especially the meeting one. I have to update the Spain side by today so that hopefully I can have some updates on Monday.

Only left office at 7.15 pm. Went Vivo to find Lizhi for dinner at Carl's Jr. Had the Honey Mustard Chicken Burger ($9.90). I found that the burger size has shrunk liao. When I had their burger for the first time, I feel that they were much bigger than McD. Now? The burger has shrunk and more importantly the patty has shrunk so much that it's only about 60% of the bread cross-section area! Aigoo... Starting to feel that it's not worth paying the premium le lo. May go for mcd if I want to eat burger as they are cheaper.

Then talked about work lo. Actually now I just got the feeling that perhaps everybody is experiencing the same thing at work. But I've always say to myself, I'm hoping that things will be better as time passes by. 都要咬緊牙關過這段算是比較艱辛的時期。

Lizhi expressed his interest in getting iPhone 6 when it's out in the market. Aigoo, he jin rich leh...

About the new IPPT standard going to be implemented in September and next year April. Lizhi said that he cannot benefit from the new system because he timing is not right. I xyy because I can get to take advantage of the system oh yeh!

Chatted until 10.30 pm before we decided to go home. So coincident that I saw 表妹 and her bf at Lakeside MRT. But she didn't see me when they were just in front of me baituo.

No comments: