2012-08-02

Back to blogging (continued, part 2)

This is part 2 of the back to blogging series, starting with events from June till now. I have not been blogging about the events and thoughts for the past few months. I feel that it helps when I want to review a couple of years later back what has happened today. So I make it a point to blog these things down, even though they sound trivial.

1 June Cowon J3 MP3 player + Menya Musashi 麺屋武蔵
Tue wanted to have ramen for dinner @ Menya Musashi 麺屋武蔵. So we headed down the Raffles City outlet to try it out. Ordered a black and red chashu ramen ($12.90 each). Taste was ok, but somehow I prefer Tampopo or Ippudo.

無須額外加錢,就有叉燒跟日式雞蛋,但味道還算可以

My MP3 player, Cowon J3, has arrived! I have been eyeing it since 2010. Got this player as my birthday present from Amazon (US$199.45 + US$16.48 for shipping) as local set is more expensive.

IMO, it offers a better value per dollar spent than compared to Sony's and Apple's offering. Made in Korea somemore! And I didn't really like iPod. (might as well use iPhone right?

I think the most outstanding feature of it is the customisability of equaliser and AMOLED screen! OMG, love the screen!

Sony A series doesn't have a built-in speaker, doesn't have a memory expansion slot. Screen is only 2.8" TFT-LCD touchscreen. Feature-wise is not too bad, but 8GB is more expensive than an 16GB Cowon J3.

On the other hand, Apple's iPod Touch is too similar to iPhone. In fact, iPhone has much more functionality than iPod, camera, screen is better than the iPod too. However, since I got an iPhone and iPad, this iPod is something extra. Plus, it's more expensive than Cowon. Might as well go for other brand's offering. Hehe... :)

郵差下午把禮物從美國送來我家

其實產品比盒子小多,剩餘空間都被空氣囊塞著,以免運輸時震壞包裹裡頭的東西

牛皮紙!是毫不起眼啦,但是最重要是裡面的東西哈哈!

產品標籤

外觀蠻獨特的~

韓國製造!

把包裝拆卸後,附送其說明書

一些基本配備——耳機跟專用USB傳輸線

也附贈光碟

MP3播放機登場!別看它不是很小只,蠻輕的!

認為它是今年製造的


5 June Farewell lunch from colleagues
It was still 3 days till my last day of internship. So, RX, Tue and William took me for lunch at White Dog Café @ Vivocity Level 2. Ordered chicken cutlet. It's a treat from colleagues and I appreciated that.

Soup of the day

炸雞排,好大的份量,吃多了很容易膩~

*Should have ordered anything else other than western. I got really 膩 easily for western food.


6 June Farewell lunch from boss
Next day had another round of farewell lunch with colleagues, but this time round with boss treating. So, together with Eve, we went to Akashi Japanese Restaurant @ Vivocity Level B2. I had cold noodle set.

味道特別,但份量有一點點少

It was rather unique as I seldom eat cold noodles (if not never). But the serving was a bit small, was expecting more noodles but less ice instead (I do not need so many ice cubes to keep the noodles cold). Since it was a treat, I greatly appreciated it and thanked boss for it!

Last (8th) session of RT today. Obviously I can't pass the IPPT. Come to think of it, 4 years ago I was almost near to pass. I guess we are all not perfect, we gain some but lose some too. After that, I came to a conclusion:

Each of us belongs to 1 of the 3 types of persons described.

Type A: Can't pass NAPFA before NS. Went into BMT/NS, still can't pass. After NS also can't pass, i.e. IPT/RT all the way.

Type B: Can't pass NAPFA before NS. Went into BMT/NS, after much PT, finally pass the IPPT, some even got silver. But after NS, all drop back to fail IPPT. Hard to pass.

Type C: Even without any prior PT, can pass IPPT throughout lifetime.

I definitely belong to type A. Some of the people I know belong to B. What's more surprising is that, those 3SG I knew as far back as in BMT also signed up for IPT! Afterall, IPPT is not as easy as they thought to pass.

... to be continued

No comments: