2012-08-09

Back to blogging (continued, last part)

This is part 9 of the back to blogging series, starting with events from June till now. I have not been blogging about the events and thoughts for the past few months. I feel that it helps when you want to review a couple of years later back what has happened today. So I make it a point to blog these things down, even though they sound trivial. This is the last part of the 'back to blogging' series as I've caught up the events! Haha...

*Today is Singapore's 47 birthday. How time flies, remembered last year we went out on a Tuesday to go see the fireworks.

*School starting real soon. Super sian...

*Happy birthday to Edwin!

6 Aug Just went out to town
PG told me he'll be at Holland Village in the afternoon for a short while. So he suggested to go town in the late afternoon and have dinner in town lo.

Took 185/106 to town. It wasn't crowded. Yay! Thumbs up for going out on weekday! Should really enjoy while we can on the last few days of possibly the last long holiday le.

First, we went to Wheelock Place to check out Marks and Spencer. The deodorants selling there smell nice, but the price may not be cheap(?)... Then explored the food section. In the end, didn't buy anything, lol.

Then went over to Ion, surprisingly quite a number of shops in the basement had some wooden boards covered up (wind up business or renovation). Not sure what's exactly the reason, but possibly it could be the high rental. Ion experience huge crowds in the weekends though.

Then went over to Uniqlo, omg, they had some simple T-shirts on offer. $4.90 per piece. Bought an orange and a black shirt (one rounded and one V-neck shaped) for less than 10 bucks. Really cheap!

After which, walked over to Takashimaya and looked at stuffs. Bought my highlighter there. LOL... Tempted to sweep more pens, but I guessed I must resist the temptations liao.

Walked to 김대문 for dinner. PG wanted to try out the Thai food from the Thai stall while I wanted to satisfy my cravings for Korean cuisine. Hehe... Again, bought the 라면 ($5) and shared the 김치볶음밥 ($5) as I starting on budget already. Lucky us got seated at earlier time, the crowd at 김대문 got worsen!

Next, walked from Dhoby Ghaut area to Tanjong Pagar (yes, we wanted to exercise) as we wanted to see what's Tom & Toms Café. AFAIK, Tom & Toms Café is a coffee café outlet from South Korea and they're quite famous for ready-made pretzels.

We didn't try the pretzels as we were too full from the dinner. So we went to try out their drinks (damn thristy!), I had raspberry smoothie (라즈블랙베리이탈리안슬러시), small sized, $6.20. PG had Green Tea TomNccino (그린티탐앤치노), small sized, $???.

走到很累了=.= 跟戰利品拍照,呵呵!

甜,不是說不好喝,但如果不要那麼甜會比較喝得下去^^

The raspberry one was sweet! Overwhelming! Slightly less sweet would make the drink better. The green tea one was nice. Wanted to try out other flavours like mocha, mango, etc.

Chilled for the remaining hour or so. Watched the live table tennis women team match between China and Korea on iPhone. Oh ya, not to mention the café has free WiFi, but the receipt didn't state the passcode.

The ambience was not bad, I think it has a 'warmer' feel compared to Starbucks, like for e.g. the tables at Tom & Toms were light brown vs dark brown used in Starbucks outlet. There were power socket at almost every seat! Good for charging laptops, handphone while spending half of the day there. The best part was there're plain water available and it's free-to-refill! Damn tempting...

Towards the end of the day, got a SMS from MINDEF and I got a call up! 猶如晴天霹靂!Wasn't expecting something good because the call up only issued now - likely the ICT will be in December.

All correct as I've guessed, the ICT is indeed in December, but the problem is it clashes with my exams! WTH... 去年又不叫我回去,不然又不會放我跟WL, MG, Kenny一起,再不然也不會在6/7月叫回去…… HH, Sebastian都做完三個了,剩下七個而已。As much as I hope to start ICT earlier (so that no need to take IPPT/IPT/RT asap), but really people on the last year liao still make it so .

Plus I had FYP also, 這次不懂怎麼死了。Think once school starts, have to be in exam mode liao. :( Sad...


7 Aug IPT-IPPT
Called to raise the issue I have, most likely is that they will give time off. What about the 2 days before? I no need to study? Or I bring notes in to study? At least let me know what's the schedule also...

Now have to wait for elective's result out then decide what's the next step. Hopefully, everything goes smoothly... 實在是諸多麻煩...

IPPT was rather smooth. Of course didn't do well. But running clocked in 13:12, surprisingly I still can run better than previous attempts, considering I didn't exercise rather often. Lol...

No comments: