2014-09-20

2014 Week 38 review

2014-09-16 Tuesday
Morning meeting then lunch outside before go site for testing work. Surprising everything went so smooth though the person who I feared and felt sian the most was there. Aigoo.

Was talking to Barry about 好命, then suddenly GD chup in and said he knew what it means. I said we are not talking about you la, even if talk about you also will say no de. Then GD said I treat him badly. Aigoo~ Where got? He doesn't even know only WK and him got the special souvenir I bought in Spain can?

Then I asked GD where he going tomorrow. He replied 'site'. Then I jokingly said 'sai la~'... But apparently he knew what was the meaning then he said 'be careful~'. Aiyo, just kidding jek. I already quite stress during the morning meeting and afternoon test.

Worked until 9.45 pm before I closed shop for the day. Reached home only 10.15 pm. After dinner, began to chat with cousin, aunt etc. They also just got back not long ago from Sentosa trip today. They went for the luge thrill ride, the open-air cable car and S.E.A Aquarium.

Began to introduce them the stuff I bought from Korea. They were so amazed by how cheap and abundant those cosmetics, face masks, cleansers are in Korea. LOL~ XYY



2017-09-17 Wednesday
Lunch at Kallang Bahru. Lor mee from Hong Lim can also be found here! Barry said he knows the area very well coz his ah ma stays here. No wonder you are looking at new HDB flat around this area.

 炸魚滷麵
便宜又好吃的說!

PG said Nicholas at Rochester Starbucks. From FB, HH was at Jurong Point watching movie. I cheekily told PG that find some excuses for Nicholas to go Jurong Point and then leak the news to HH. 愛情火花就在 JP 點燃去的說~

Saw Joa back. The one-piece dress she wore macam like pjyamas like that lol.

Then they managed to buy iPhone 6 plus! Good for them lor. I don't mind going back to iPhone but Apple please do something to the file naming convention! I don't want

Left office at 7 pm. Decided to go by the fastest way - MRT - to home as I expected today there should a lot of relatives at my house.

果然不出我所料,真的很多人在我家。除了二姨一家人,還來了四姨還有阿康表哥!後來這兩位真的沒有想到他們會在咯~ Mum cooked yong tau foo! I very yang!

Then gave some suggestions to cousin for her upcoming trip to Korea. Until now, her side still hasn't settled down the accomodation?! Omo~ Later too last minute either no room or price not cheap then bxds.



2014-09-18 Thursday
Morning I just turned away and talked to Barry for a short while and a muffin suddenly appeared on my desk. Turned out to be given by Hendra ds, just because I missed the cake that he supposed to give me. Then Joa saw that and asked why I got the muffin! Then she got a bit 'jelly' and said got poison inside one. LOL~ Reaction was exactly the same as GD when I gave him the 老婆餅 lol.

Actually it's a very trivial la. If he doesn't give anything, I'm also ok de. But I so xyy, thanks Hendra!

Luckily the meeting was ok today! Phew~ Finished meeting around 12 noon - the earliest I can achieve liao. Then stayed back to do some other stuff. Barry and Joa kept asking me to chop chop. By the time I really finished everything already 1.10 pm liao. Then went to Tim Ho Wan @ Aperia Mall to jiak lunch. XYY only 3 of us enjoying the lunch ds~

酥皮焗叉燒包
 
香滑馬來糕

 
鮮蝦腐皮卷

大排檔腸粉
這算是它們的招牌嗎?
很好吃唷!

Joa said the atmosphere was very good already - as though she's in HK now. The playing of cantonese songs further enhance the experience aigoo. Then she also jio me to go HK together with JY and SG, but nothing finalised yet. HDW! I do want to go, but $$ and leave is an issue. Now also pending updates at family side to go Taiwan.

Then Joa went on to talk more about work. Aigoo, I also experienced super last minute schedule before. Honestly, I didn't like the idea of it, it makes people totally unprepared for it. Like that also difficult for me to plan my things.

Lastly, Joa went to 打包 6 叉燒包 for bosses to jiak. Aigoo. Went back office 3 pm.

Damage: $15 (total $45.41)

Today I learnt that actually Hendra is from Batam island, no wonder at least he knows a bit of mandarin. He may know more, but now onwards I can't say anything bad about him in mandarin le lo. Hohoho, a friendly guy.

Tried my best to work but still can't finish. Don't care le, finished work at 7 pm and went home because 姑婆 birthday today and relatives going back tonight le. Together with Joa and Barry, we left office ds. Seemed like I'm closer to people within the section than those in the neighbouring section ds.

Then took bus back with Joana. She taught me a lot of technical stuff but it was too overwhelming aleady. I realised that we took 151 so we could not get off at Clementi MRT straight, need to change bus aigoo.

Came home around 8.20 pm. 小姨、姑婆也來了,屋子超熱鬧一下的說。

Bathe, jiak dinner. 小姨 help people to do health checkup.

Then shortly after, sang birthday song to both 二姨 and 姑婆. 吃完蛋糕,來個大合照,二姨一家人先離開,趕著去搭 10 點的巴士,之後才阿康表格、小姨還有姑婆。就這樣,曲終人散了,屋子裡也恢復以往的平靜。



Now they say the timing for the Taiwan trip has changed, now is targetting 11-18 Nov. See what my boss say, I can't guarantee 100% can take. Need to replan my holidays again. =/



2014-09-19 Friday
Morning meeting was rather smooth. Hehe, then went Nex foodcourt upstairs for lunch. I decided not to go for yong tau foo so bought sambal fried rice ($4.80) instead xyy~

Afternoon went back office to rush to finish the homework for big boss. By the time I finished it, it was already 5 plus. With a little time left before I closed shop for the day, I was hoping big boss to finish talking on phone.

Boss also not around the whole day, wanted to tell him my intended change of holidays. Aigoo, now everything didn't help me in changing the holiday dates.

Then big boss sat down and discuss the homework with me and Barry. Ok granted that Barry has at least 1 year of experience so he might know a bit more than me, to me, this was almost a new knowledge. Actually Enri got told me before when I was in Madrid for training, just that this didn't come into my mind at this point of time. Now things kinda linked up together somehow. Anyway long story cut short, the discussion lasted so long that I only left office at 7.30 pm aigoo!

Took train to Suntec City. Saw qutie a number of foreigners with the lanyards holding the F1 pass hanging around their chest area on the Circle Line MRT. Realised that starting from today onwards for 3 days would be the F1 race in SG. Honestly I wasn't very interested in watching it live because the cars are so fast that if I were to sit there and watch, I could only spot the cars for less than a second - waste money leh!

Reached Morganfield's at 8 pm. PG, HH and Agnes already finished their dinner liao, they left me a portion of the Garlic BBQ Spare Ribs ($39.90++) and 1 Bacon Wrapped Meatballs ($9.90++). As PG had a voucher to use, the dinner was free! So we only need to pay for the meatballs.

Garlic BBQ Spare Ribs
燒烤排骨
好吃喔! 

They all ssf talked about what to do after 9 years. They imagined that we were still single and that we could chip in to buy a HDB unit, each one taking up one room. Chip in to buy a car and everybody share it as car pool - then who shall be the one driving to office?! Those talks totally made no sense at all, in short it's talking nonsense. MCS~

Then Agnes asked what and where I work and also why I came so late. I replied no choice but to clear the work. HH said work is forever cannot finish one, try to achieve work-life balance. I just rebutted him back until he nothing to say: 'sorry hor, you go mention that in job interviews, you see the boss and HR wanted to hire you or not'. There is no such thing as work-life balance in reality. Yes, everyone of us, including myself, wants to have work-life balance. But as a young fresh grad, what employers see in us is that we are 'energetic' so that we can work extra hard to compensate the lack of experience that an ideal employee should have in those bosses' minds.

Anyway, Agnes works as a research assistant in TTSH. I would say she has the work-life balance. But the job title 'assistant' did sound a bit 'low' in the job position level. But well, if she is just tapping onto it to gain experience, it's a good experience lo.

After dinner, we went to the fountain area and sat in at All Things Nice cafe. Ordered Pumpkin Yam Paste ($2.50), Iced Mango ($3.80) and Bobo Chacha ($2.80) as after-dinner desserts. Honestly, the desserts were so-so only and they were a bit ex ds.

三份供四人享用的甜品
 
Pumpkin Yam Paste

Bobo Chacha

Iced Mango

HH showed his new gadget - Sony SmartWatch 2. It's a gift from The Straits Time subscription he just signed up to keep up with the news. He happy can liao.

Then boss replied me that the leave (13-17 Oct) that I'm going to take may not be approved. Firstly, out of the 4 weeks, Pra 偏偏 take leave on 13th. Secondly, boss may have plans for me on that week. We need to work it out ds. Aigoo... Wait till Monday then discuss lo - let me enjoy my weekend.

Went to Marina Square sat and chatted around. Talked to Agnes about Husky and also her sis lol. Then went home. MRT was a bit crowded.

No comments: