2014-09-06

Chill @ Holland Village + Dinner @ Beauty World

Had Korean JJM for lunch.

 賣相不是最好的
但味道卻真的拐走我的心
哈哈!

Went out to Holland Village quite late in afternoon - Baker & Cook opened an outlet there! I bet the_xw, xd_nat they all haven't visit this cafe yet. PG and WX had the Lemon Tart ($5) and a cup of Flat White ($4.50) while waiting for me. I was super super late, all because of the long wait for 185 lo.

Then WX and I went to counter to order later. I had a cup of Latte ($5) and a slice of Chocolate Caramel Brownie ($5) and WX had his cup of Organic Matcha Green Tea Latte ($6) and a slice of Apple Tart ($4.70).

Firstly, the brownie could be softer - it's harder than I've expected aigoo. Taste was ok, but they could have made it warmer, richer and softer then it would be perfect. The lemon tart was so-so only. WX's Apple Tart seemed to be quite value of money. For $4.70, it's quite a lot liao leh. But I didn't get to try the green tea latte.

Chocolate Caramel Brownie ($5)

Apple Tart ($4.70)

Organic Matcha Green Tea Latte ($6

Latte ($5)

Damage: $10

After that we went beauty world for Thai dinner. Both WX and me had Phad Thai ($4) and PG had the Chicken Basil Rice with Egg ($4). Cheap and good! I can't complain anymore le! Then we saw this seemingly newly opened Korean stall, just a few stalls away from the Thai one. Then PG went order and realised it's Pink Candy and is a branch-off from the main restaurant! The owner is really a Korean ahjumma! Food there was cheap, given that Korean food in SG is always quite expensive one! What a rare and surprise find!

 Phad Thai ($4)

 Chicken Basil Rice with Egg ($4)

PG went into instant meltdown, without giving a consideration to WX and my stomach, he went to order Seafood Pancake ($6) and Kimchi Pancake ($6)!

해물파전 ($6)

Bought a pen and then went McD to chill before go home. WX asked a lot of questions on interview, I can only advise him that he needs to prepare for the interview. What on earth has he been doing for the past 4 months? Go Thailand, Taiwan and then do what? Aigoo. I thought he would have learn something from my mistake. Local degree is quite difficult to secure a job this year, not to mention those private ones, they have to be more hardworking in finding a job. Don't be choosy liao. Got a job that is relaxing - that's good. Otherwise, if the job is siong, take it as an experience and try to learn as much as possible - definitely it would add value to myself somehow.

No comments: