2014-03-05

Safety course + Korean drama '별에서 온 그대' (You Who Came From the Stars)

These two days have been attending a safety course mandatory for new staff. Lesson conducted at Joo Koon which is quite xyy for me coz I could wake up almost 1 hour later! Sleep is really precious after started working ds.

Side-track a bit: Really aigoo and facepalm ds... Relatives got lost for about 1 hour yesterday while getting their way to Checkpoint. Went one big round and came back Jurong West again. How on earth did they do that? I thought my explanation on the directions was quite clear liao and they had used the same route to go back a few times before (not that long ago until one may have forgotten right?). So by right there shouldn't be an issue one mah. Yet still can 迷路?!They left here around 1 plus pm and only reached home at 7.30 pm. Aigoo, so much time wasted liao.

*Funny narration by 表妹 on the mess created by 表弟 lmao*

Day 1 (4 March):
Left house at 7.20 am. First time taking train to Joo Koon ds. LOL~ Reached the place slightly before 8, yang! But actually a lot of time was wasted in waiting for people. Aigoo, could have said lesson starts at 9, so that I could have more rest. But anyway, it doesn't make a difference.

Whole day on theory on workplace safety. At times, felt rather sleepy inside the air con room. Not many locals, I guessed only 3 of us out of a total of 18 students.

Lunch was from Malay cai png stall as I saw long queue at Chinese one. Veggie + fried egg + hotdog potato cubes (seems like this can only be found in almost every Malay food stall) = $3.50. A bit expensive IMO. A few reasons: 1) No air-con 2) Ulu location - it's not like it is situated in the heart of heartland baituo.

Then there was this Malay couple sitting beside my table, also eating the food bought from the Malay stall. What prompts me to write a part on them is that the uncle came over and ask me how much my plate of rice cost. After I replied him '$3.50', he told me his one cost $7! WTH~!!! $7 cai png at some ulu place in Joo Koon?! So ex SSF! After that, I kinda know that there was fish, prawns aka seafood in his plate. But still $7 is atrocious. No way am I going to pay that amount for daily meal. I just can't keep myself up to that level.

The day ended early. Aigoo! Left the place at 4.30 pm and by 5 pm already reached home. Yang! Next day would be practical and exam!

Day 2 (5 March):
Left house 5 mins later, reached the place just nice 8 am. Not early nor late. ON THE SPOT ds! Saggy was that trainer still late baituo! Did the practical lessons both at the simulated scaffold and in the air-con classroom in the morning. Afternoon would be both theory and practical exams. The theory exam would be quite easy for a local but it may not so for a foreign worker as some questions are rather local context type.

As for lunch, gave a chance to the Chinese cai png stall. Queue was shorter than yesterday too! Curry veggie + fried chicken + fried onion egg = $3. Given that there was fried chicken (meat is always more expensive), it's so much more reasonable ds. Aigoo.

For the exam, all passed except for 3 whom I think got to retake ds. Paid upfront to get the card, then would claim back from company. Reached home already 6.15 pm, tired but still rather early if coming back from office ds.

These 2 days met up with a local guy and most of the time we two sticked together, trying to look out for each other. Kinda buddy ds. And most surprising thing is that he also lives near me aigoo! But because he's almost a generation more senior than me, so don't If not for him, I would be alone sagging for these 2 days. So the moral of the story is I DIDN'T SAG AT ALL! Yes, I know you are reading it, that part is for you to see de!

Anyway, at the end of the course we didn't take MRT together to go home as he waited his friend at Joo Koon to eat dinner. LOL~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Just finished 'You Who Came From the Stars'. This is the Korean drama I once mentioned in this post.

One of the top-rated, if not the top, it was recommended by the peeps on the Running Man thread on the forum. All because of the hype on Jeon Ji-Hyun. This is her 2nd appearance on TV drama, after her first one 14 years ago! Afterall, she has been focusing on movies rather than dramas.

The moment I saw the good comments on the show, I wanted to start watching it. Even told PG and WX about this show, PG very du still say would put it at the end of the Korean drama to-watch list. Aigoo... But still he scrumbled to the show at the end, more kz than me in chasing the show. WX was particularly interested because he loves the storyline... He even keep pestering me for new episodes. Aigoo...

Talking about the storyline. It began by narrating a real historical record (story is fictional) where an unidentified object was spotted in year 1609. That's when Do Min-Joon first came to Earth and he was mesmerised by the young Cheon Song-Yi lookalike. Fast forward 400 years later, he met the young Cheon Song-Yi when he went to rescue her from being hit by a truck.

12 years later when the grown up Cheon Song-Yi moved to become Do Min-Joon's neighbour. That's how a love-hate relationship started which slowly turned into a love which is pure sweet romantic but with a little bit of sadness (because Do Min-Joon has to 'leave' Earth). In the end, he doesn't really leave Earth for good, but to go to some wormhole to heal and come back to Earth, and keep on doing this for life I guess.

I would say a big credit goes to the acting skills of both male and female leads. Do Min-Joon is someone who is quite cool and rather isolate himself than to associate with family, friends and even lover. Cheon Song-Yi is super bimbotic and kzdg with her actions where Jeon Ji-Hyun 不顧形象擺弄姿勢. Because of her previous work 'My Sassy Girl', her bimbotic acts has left some of us, including me, suspecting she just acts super naturally because that's her real person in life! I think 99% it is! Aigoo... Hohoho~ :D

On the other hand, it's kinda fresh to meet Kim Soo-Hyun. TBH, this is my first time watching his drama and the overall review was quite good. And he's same age as me! Ouch! 看到那麼好的皮膚會羨慕一下下的。
The storyline is quite refreshing too. Yes, time travel has been used on Korean dramas a lot of times recently *Flashback 'Rooftop Prince'*, don't know why, the pattern doesn't change de. But such storylines could really catch my attention because there bound to be some jokes and laughters in the show so as to liven up the whole drama. Hopefully, I could see more of police/hospital/firefighting/lawyer themes, in other words more variety in the storyline.

A big thumbs up to this show!

No comments: