2008-09-02

2/9/2008 Wall-E 瓦力

Had this super small movie outing with Geraint and Nicky.

Sometimes I just feel that I'm a Pentium 3 processor, like what Cheung Jie and Jia Yun said. Haha... This morning I was ready to start the work for today, went to the office and wanted to sign. I took over the file and grabbed a pen, ready to sign.

I didn't hear Edwin told me no need to sign and I continued to position my pen to sign. Just before the pen landed on the paper and started moving, Yun Zhen shouted at me 'no need to sign lar!!!'

Only then I woke up, gotten the message and quickly put down the pen, looking sleepy + embarrassed at the same time. This time round then I heard Edwin said '跟你讲不用签料……' After that he went on and saying what same batch la still don't know this don't know that. OMG... The room was crowded at that time lor. Super sien... After that I went out and don't dare to enter the room.

Another event happened just before I left my workplace. About the permit thingy. Though it can concern everyone in my workplace there and it happened to me once before, but I shan't elaborate here. Not very nice.

Wandered around West Mall for almost 1 hour before Nicky came. This was the first time I see him in a not-very-uncle outfit. Something different la. Had KFC for lunch, I was famished then. I ordered the Zinger meal while he had the 3-pcs chicken daily saver meal. Fast food, what to expect from the quality?

Geraint came around 2.25pm and he had only 1 piece of chicken + a cup of iced milo. Like that can fill the stomach meh?

Anyway, back to the topic.



Wall-E (stands for Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class) is a robot living on Earth for about 700 years. His collects rubbish and make them into a big cube shape everyday without fail. Until one fine day...

A spaceship landed some distance away from his residence place. Then came out another robot called Eve (stands Extra-terrestrial Vegetation Evaluator). I don't why her chinese name is 夏娃?? Her job is to collect plant sample and send back to AXIOM spaceship where humans had lived there for 700 years. They are obese, lazy to move and hence the hands and legs are underdeveloped. Because everything is done by robots.

Wall-E fell in love with Eve at the very first sight. He kept following her day and night. Then he accidentally gave her the plants. She 'swallowed' it and became inactive till the spaceship came to take her back to AXIOM. He kept following her throughout this series of events. But Eve didn't seem to appreciate Wall-E

Then at the AXIOM spaceship, he kept following her. There were times where Eve almost threw the plant away. But Wall-E saved it back till very last moment.

At last, AXIOM came back to Earth. Eve and Wall-E lived happily ever after.

Conclusion:
1. Love can be very very simple. 简单爱

2. Too much rely on technology will result people in very unbalanced development. Look at the hands, legs and the body built. I've heard this before when I'm in primary 4. 电影的崎形身躯,比我在小四想象的还要像人样。

3. Love can be noble. 爱情是伟大的。No need to explain more. Examples are explictly shown in the movie.

4. Too much trash around means undesirable living conditions. Look at Earth 700 years later, it's a dead city.

5. Though small or little humours were used throughout the story, but it can effectively bring out the ideas or effects. Nothing fantastic, except for the robots themselves.

6. Kudos to the production team who came up with the scenario 700 years later - those robot police, highways, 'trains', artificial weather - see how technology is so advanced that it can be bad if used incorrectly.

7. Those computer conference, similar to MSN or any other instant messenger, doesn't allow people to interact face-to-face. 还是面对面交谈有亲切感。After the woman called out to another man to see Wall-E and Eve flying outside the spaceship in the sky, they fell in love each other.

8. The only con I feel that is the ending. I'd love to see how Wall-E and Eve doing after the whole incident. Perhaps a robot wedding?

Rating: 4/5

No comments: