2008-09-18

2 outings in 2 days

I shall do a short recap on what happened on Tues and Wed. Very tired after attending the outing. Luckily no night shift for me. It's going to be a wordy post...

16/9/2008 Johor Baru Outing

This is my first time travelling to the other side of the causeway with my friends. Those who turned up:
1. Me
2. SK
3. Wai Lon
4. Kenny

It was a 1/3 section outing. lol Actually we had invited more people such as Jansen, Shi Hao, Te Pang, Yun Zhen... But each of them had a special reason to turn down. Pretty unexpected you can imagine. Shan't say much about them.

Went home to change into something more casual. Then met the three of them at JE MRT, then we embarked our journey there to Kranji MRT, then changed to 170 bus. Never know the SG passport had a lot more pages than the MY ones. But my passport is super clean. Haha...

At the woodlands checkpoint, I was the last to clear. WTH la... The lane which I went to had something cock up, then I switch to another lane, again somethign cock up. Unlucky?

Then we arrived at the Malaysian customs, I was the first to clear the immigration. They forgot to fill in the white card, so had to wait for them to fill in.

The interesting thing was that those holding Malaysian passports (by now no more restricted passports, all passports are international) just walked pass as if nothing happened.

By right, they should use the autogate machine. This machine will scan the relevant information, take your thumbprint and then open up the gantry to pass though.

Was hesitant whether to follow the crowd or to apporach the counter to scan my passport to prevent any problems from arising. In the end, I very la, I approached the counter.

Next they went to change currency. It's very high now SGD1 = RM2.38. Yun Zhen was right that change S$ to RM in JB is better. Surprised that he also know this. LOL

Went to Holiday Plaza by taxi. It was squeezy with 3 men at behind seats. SK wanted to find those friendly discs. Bought a lot. OMG...

Then went to some cafe at Jusco for lunch. Cheap and good. You can't find the same standard for the same price in SG. The tomyam soup was nice. Fried mee + chicken cubes was nice too. But don't like the orange frost, a bit sour for me, should have followed SK order watermelon frost.

Kenny was laughing like a mad guy when Wai Lon told him Fo instead of Huo... Then he 偷听 2 girls' conversation about the entertainment magazines on the shelf, also laughing away like 傻佬. 新山的华语有那么好笑咩?酱听料吉隆坡的不是要进板桥医院?Oh ya, Edmund was commenting my chinese still have the malaysian accent. I keep wondering "really got meh?" until now, still don't know the answer...

Headed to buy ice cream at RM3.30. Oh ya, ice cream is cheaper in Malaysia. I don't know why...

Upon finishing our tour at Jusco, we walked out of the building hoping to find a cab. But as we walked and walked, we came to the main road (Jalan Terbau) liao! Over there it's really hard to take cab. Perhaps I was around, we could hail a cab which goes on meter! Next destination: City Square.

At City Square, nothing much to see and buy also. Perhaps I didn't bring much money lor. But I saw this USB powered fan quite cute like that, thinking I can use for myself. But the price was a bit ex leh.

Dinner wise, Wai Lon kept recommending us Danga Bay. So me and Kenny played 石头剪刀布. Who wins will decide the fate. In the end, we went Danga Bay.

Over there, although the place was nice, but nothing to do leh... Sien. Want to eat, but the waiter gave attitude problem. =.= Then we headed to some open air restaurant for dinner. RM104 for 4 pax. What a great recommendation la! =.=

Then we headed straight towards the customs. Again, I followed the crowds to walk past the immigration counter. This time round, the lady officer don't even want to see my passport. Haha.

The queuing system for 170 bus had greatly improved from the previous time I visited there. I still remember there was no metal railing for passengers to Q up, people just chiong to the bus to the extent that they rip off the rubber strip located between the 2 folding doors. 恐怖下...

Reached home at 10.15pm. But something very happened when I alighted at Lakeside MRT station. Shan't talk about it.

SK requested me to choose a 良辰吉日 for our next JB outing. 我选到25号,希望这次更多人去,最好有人驾车载我去。rfrf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17/9/2008 Nicky's Birthday Bash
Who attended?
1. Me
2. Kenny
3. Edmund
4. Nicky (寿星公)
5. Edwin
6. Geraint
7. Timothy
8. Leon
9. Samuel

Took half day off yesterday. Lunch at the food court with Kenny and Edmund. Subsequently, Dominic, Edwin, Bay and Geraint arrived. Ordered hokkein prawn mee ($4). Super super average, I had savoured even much better ones lor.

Then I helped to fork out some $ for Nicky's 麻薯 as some birthday treat lor. Then the whole 6 of us squeezed into that poor little Fiat Punto. Bay didn't want to go. Don't know what happened to him. His husband also got go lor...

At geraint's house, nothing much to play also. The castle game on xbox 360 was super too advanced for me, even though they said it was idiot proof. lol... Seriously I lag behind in gaming world liao! Then Geraint recommended Katamari game, it was super lame. Then they said I had destruction tendency. What the hell, it's just a game only lor.

Then went back to camp to fetch Leon, at the same time I do some portfolio thingy. Jansen was super shocked to see us, especially me. He thought I on night shift. I guess he think too much liao. 日有所思,夜有所梦。

Then Nicky suggested I call home to see if can borrow car. Then he drove me to my house then I went back to take the honda fit key, he left immediately after that. I took the Jalan Jurong Kechil road, while Nicky took Sixth Ave. I was fast. I arrived very shortly after Nicky arrived. Nicky complemented on my driving quite good. Haha, felt high after hearing this.

Then we headed towards 翡翠小笼包餐厅 at Holland V to have our dinner. Lao Jiao in my car, xin jiao in that poor Fiat Punto... That Samuel must be making music in that car lor. Ordered onion noodles ($6) and one basket of 小笼包 ($4.50). Both were delicious. Then me, Edmund, Edwin and Geraint used ATM as excuse to buy Nicky a small cake. But in fact we really short of $ la.

Sang birthday song to Nicky, but Timothy was not there, a bit spoiler. Super loud la... Haha, but other 食客 were not affected by our singing though.

After this, they wanted to sat down and chit chat a while more. So me and Edwin went to extend the parking duration. Never did we know that they wanted to change the place to Geraint's house! Wasted my coupon, but luckily Nicky did return 2 coupons to me. Haha... Forgive granted.

We had ice cream spec meeting at the balcony there. Talked about the workplace and the people there. The usual stuff lor. Somehow, we didn't feel like leaving the place even though we were tired. Left around 11.30pm. Send Timothy home.

Along the way back, Nicky wanted to chase and overtook us la... Apparently I was waiting at the traffic lights and he sent sms complaining that some guy was blocking his way. He's no ambulance lor. Such stupid acts will only endanger other road users lor. So please don't learn from Nicky.

No comments: