2008-08-24

SAFRA Singapore Bay Run + Army Half Marathon

These 2 days 都一直下长命雨。

Headed West Mall at 5pm. Was raining slightly bigger than drizzle.

The organiser - Samuel was late! 主办者自己竟然迟到……What the hell... Me, Yat Kan and Wai Lon arrived on time. Shi Hao, Jia Yun and Kenny were late. But Jia Yun only late marginally, so still can accept it.

Went to foodcourt. Had this 高记招牌面. Standard stuff. $3.80. Jia Yun spent $10 on his dinner alone. 药材鸡 + 四季豆. OMG! Then they went to buy subway buy some cookies and their buns. Personally I feel that food at shopping centres is expensive.

Then headed back to camp lor. It's until when they were just outside the camp, they got to know that those running 10KM actually no need to stay overnight! But nevertheless, they decided to carry on their plans.

Then went up the holy hill, saw Jansen, Yun Zhen, Joseph, Wei Long and Cheung Jie at the restroom. I'm not playing with them, so I went to use computer. Then I used for about 30mins (disturbed Bay, surfed forums and youtube) then Kenny said he wanted to use liao. Then ok lor, I went up to sleep.

Woke up by Shi Hao around 3.45am... He violent sia... Must pull my legs to wake me up. I know I sleep like a pig, but don't do this la. Sien. Saw vice principal too.

Reached Padang super early before 5.30am I think. Then it was drizzling before the run but stopped just as the run started.

Sunshine boy no logic one... Asked me whether I can drive manual car. I then answered "ya". Then he asked "can drive me back to camp to take the number tag?". I began to feel the no-linkness liao. I replied back "you also got class 3 licence what, somemore you passed the TP test earlier than me! Somemore, that car I don't want to drive". Then he gave the "oh ya hor" expression, but he still insist I got the driving experience yet he don't have. But I still reject him, he LLST haha. In the end Burger send him back.

Vice principal, Wei Long and me got lost contact with the rest. We wanted to find them, but it was like 海底捞针! 75,000 people went for the run leh! The beep of the "ERP system" sounded fantastic. I hoped the thing broke down. Haha

长跑事迹

Click on the image for 100% view on the running route.

At 1st, vice principal, Wei Long and me agreed to run together . But somehow 不到5分钟, vice principal picked up his pace and he was nowhere to be seen. Me and Wei Long kept our pace together.

Then here came the first water point. I stopped for a sip of drink. Wei Long didn't slowed down, he continued his constant pace till upslope (Benjamin Sheares Bridge). Then I caught up with him a while before the slope. After that, I walked for the section of upslope, he continued his pace, but slower.

Then I saw Jansen and Yun Zhen jogging very slowly upslope in front of me. I walked faster than they jogged?! How slow they ran lar! Then I saw Yun Zhen kept exposing his nice underwear. He pulled up his shorts every now and then. But it dropped down again, never disappoint Yun Zhen, exposing the underwear. LOL... 笑死人……

He claimed he slimmed down and hence the shorts was loose. I then paced with them till before fort road. Yun Zhen kept running faster and faster while I paced with Jansen.

Then at the 2nd water point, I stopped for water. Jansen continued running. Never mind, I took the express lane down the exit filter lane to fort road. Managed to catch up with Yun Zhen, but I can't see Jansen liao. Never mind, ran with Yun Zhen.

Then at the start of the ECP section, I saw Jansen and we three ran together again. At the 3rd water point, Yun Zhen and I stopped for water. After the stoppage, I lost contact with the two of them liao. Never mind, I continued the run with my own pace.

Then I saw Shi Hao and Joseph. I ran along with them lor. Wanted to find toilet but that uncle said 两毛钱. We ji tao 显掉... Never mind, we continued the run, taking shortcuts wherever possible. LOL! Then SK overtook us. I asked him how come he lagged so much behind. He said he came here late. Haha... Then those ang-moh very hiong, came there to support the whole lot of runners... Wa... 他们yeng下……

Then I picked up the pace liao, pang seh both of them. Then here came the rocky hill part. The bitumen was not paved properly, it was soft and rough surfaced. Then the road was muddy as well. Difficult to run.

I only managed to go to toilet at Marina Barrage (don't ask me to pronounce this word). The toilet was ok, but the people made it sucked big time. Only 4 urinals and 3 cubicles were available and I don't like automatic taps!! They also suck big time!

Immediately after the toilet break, I cannot run anymore liao. 有心无力. Hence I ran a bit, walked 3 bits till the next water point where I picked up drinks and a banana. Then I tried to run again, but got feeling of puking. So I walked again to digest the banana a bit before I ran. The 2nd and 3rd last KM were nightmares for me.

I struggled with myself until I see 20KM and MP water point! Ahhh~ Isotonic drinks were great! After 2 cups of 100+ I then chionged all the way to the finish line liao.

Then I saw the timer 2:49:XX... Huh?! I guessed I managed to finish the run before 2hr 45mins. Must get the medal and the cert leh! Otherwise, quite wasted. Thruout the whole run, I didn't see any timer display except for the finish line one leh despite they said got.

Then I went back to my rest point. Was dismissed shortly after that.

Then me and Jansen saw Shi Hao, Joseph and Yun Zhen running towards the finish line. He ran the last stretch with them, pang seh me lor! Never mind, this is what I called friendship...

Went for brunch with vice principal, sunshine boy, tyrannosaurus rex, Wei Long, Joseph. Shi Hao, Yun Zhen and Jansen went off while the rest went for their own makan outing.

I told tyrannosaurus rex about the "weather forecast" thingy. He now then realised that AHM section has to do OD tomorrow! What the hell! Too late to change now lor! Now I hope got 1 day off I can 偷笑 liao.

Then vice principal 感叹 super super super tired + sleepy. He drove me to my house downstairs there, I saved on transport fare and the trouble of standing. Thanks for giving the lift!

Conclusion + some trivials after the run:
1. How come they choose the rocky hill road?! This is not X-country lor! The field at Padang was practially mud field... They were surprised to see how clean my shoes were. But I found my shoes dirty lor, ready to throw them away.

2. This is not good, polluting the Earth. Look at the garbage generated. At least throw somewhere near the trash bag la, easier to clear up... Some people can throw their paper cups some distance away. 缺德下……

3. The toilets! OMG, I really pity the toilet cleaners. The mud is still ok, just put more water to wash them away. But look at the toilets at esplanade! Urine + water flowing out of urinals! How would the tourists respond when they visit this 新加坡代表性地标?

4. Didn't manage to take the goodie bag (was there 1 in the 1st place?). Anyway, I also didn't bother to take 1. Also didn't take 100+ can. What for?! 几毛钱的东西,虽然是免费,但我不会因为是免费的东西而跟大家你推我挤。想一下,又要人挤人,又要鞋子踩泥土。Home sweet home was top priority.

5. Saw Calvin, Hing Hiang, Chee Hoe and maybe some other people I know, just that I couldn't remember their names.

6. I visited almost all water points, except the one at rocky road. 捧场下……

7. The whole run, especially the first half... OMG! Was suffocating! So much people yet oxygen is limited...

8. And those who pee at the bushes... For god sake, don't do this in public places la...

No comments: