2008-02-17

什么都起价!不见得薪水起!

I guess a lot of people would have the same mindset as me la...

Firstly, the transport operators wanted to raise the transport fares.

Ok lor, now taking a bus costs 2 cents more. 10 trips make up 20 cents more. Imagine how many trips you're going to make in a month. But now they announced that fares are to be calculated based on the distance and not the number of transfers made and of course distance as well. Wonder how does that help?

After which, taxi also raise their fares. All kinds of fare, those distance-based fares, flagging down fares also UP liao... First time I take a taxi I see the meter jumps by 20 cents and not 10 cents. But luckily for me, I don't take taxi as far as possible.

Next is those groceries. I remembered there was one time when luncheon meat cans were scarce and one can could cost $2.50. Following suit, all prices went up.

Then come the utility charges, electricity tariff went up because of the oil price hike.

Now come the university tuition fees and Kbox (will explained later).

Recently, the media reported that university tuition fees are to go up to cover the 'rising operational cost'. Also, to differentiate the PRs from Singaporeans, PR now have a separate amount of fee to pay. Of course, international students have to pay the most liao.

For most of the courses...
Before 2007, Singaporeans and PRs pay $6,110 for annual tuition fee. International students pay $6,720.

2008 onwards, Singaporeans pay $6,360, PRs pay $7,000 and international students pay $9,540.

But heng ah, since I was offered a place in the year 2007... I continue to enjoy the old rates. But sad for those taking up courses this year.

Wonder, if PR and Singaporeans are given the same treatment when comes to NS.

Then comes to Kbox, got a shock when the person told me each person is expected to pay $27. WTH... It was an ordinary day and normal time. How come so expensive liao? Tidbits cost $6 a bowl... Pathetic. And KOD now costs $1.50. Add on service charge and GST... The price is very expensive liao.

Enough of rants liao, post one joke which I saw at forum:

剛才早啊早出門順邊打油時,差點把弟弟妹妹留在油站我就開車跑人.
1個留在toilet.
1個留在那邊買糖果.

恐佈下.

No comments: