2007-10-15

SAFRA, what's the good about it?

Today received a letter snail-mailed from SAFRA. It says I've been presented a complimentary SAFRA membership free of charge. But where's the card?!

To tell the truth, this is the 2nd time I've been approached to sign up as a member under SAFRA. The first time was during my BMT somewhere in January I think. That time I already saw quite a lot signing up... The reason why I'm writing this is currently I don't have any plan to sign up. The reason? Read more...

Some simple maths involved. Let's say I sign up for 2.5 years (till 31 March 2011). A total of 3.5 years. The membership fee is $67.80. Minus a dollar for the making of the membership card becomes $66.80.

Divide the membership amount by 3.5. I'll get approximately $19.10.

This $19.10 means that I must recover this amount every year so that I wouldn't sign up for nothing, means no loss la. By looking at the participating partners, looks like I won't patronize their outlet very often wor!

Also, I look at the rewards presented... Most gave 10% discounts on purchases. Means I must spend $191 every year to get the accumulated discount of $19.10. 3.5 years means $668!

The only thing I'm attacted to is the discounted price of movie ticket $8 (U.P. $9.50). However, I need to pay visits to cinemas more often, more than 13 times a year to recover that $19.10.

The abovementioned is meant for 2.5-year-membership, it gets even better for longer membership terms and worse if you just sign up for 1.5-year-membership.

Don't mix up with the total amount spent by you and your friends, for example movie tickets in this case... like $6 off for 4 tickets. Because ultimately you're using your money to pay your membership. Good for friends, but good for me???

Furthermore, not every weekend I'm free, so can't enjoy the movie offers also... As in I have ODs to do... unlike my counterparts. Then, every month got good movies to watch meh??!?!

Free usage of SAFRA facilities... I wanted to, but the ODs are the top priority. After ODs, I just wanted to sleep liao.

Ya... the bottom line is it doesn't appeal to everyone la. LOL... I too bored liao. So write something for my blog lo.

No comments: