2013-08-09

Bear Bites + Free ramen @ Tori King

*三國殺按錯鍵,走錯步,馬上垂去*




Met Agnes, HH and PG on Wednesday (7 Aug) evening. Dinner was at this newly opened Bear Bites 熊の食 @ Scape.

Free upgrade to cheese fries if follow them on instagram or like them on FaceBook which I did!

Service was somewhat below average IMO. They forgot about Agnes' order tho she came late! Poor Agnes got to wait and wait and wait... By then, our burgers all became cold liao. :(

Taste wise, it's a pity that the strawberry buns weren't available. Went for brown sugar instead. But it turned out to be 'average' taste only.

The chicken patty was great though! Overall, I'd still pass it.

Now come to fries, the fries was better than KFC one, but the cheese CMI, a bit 'thin' imo. A bit thicker cheese would be perfect.

Thanks PG for the treat!

賣相ok,芝士有一點稀,濃一點就很棒了

麵包普普通通,除了熊掌印之外,沒什麼特別
雞肉就很好吃的說

After dinner, went to sit-in at Cold Stone Creamery. Not that I want to take advantage, but just when I wanted to buy ice-cream so that I could take the seats a while longer, the queue at the counters were strangely long. It was deserted a moment ago when we passed by the counter leh. In the end, we walked down to Rochor 豆花. I don't think I want to go visit there again. The 豆花 was average IMO and all the service crews were AT? I began to wonder is this shop selling local delicacy or AT food stuff. I'm confused.


On eve of national day, I was greeted by rain early in the morning which was nice as it made the weather cooler.


Went down to Tanjong Pagar. The train was seriously filled with foreigners to the extent I felt quite helpless and disgusted by it. I mean I understand that they wanted to come out during off days. But to the extent that I could conclude 90% of the people on trains were foreigners was a bit ridiculous. Haiz...

Queued up for the free ramen by Tori King. It was a celebratory event for their 2nd anniverasary, so they are giving away 300 free ramens to customers on first-come-first-served basis. We were in no. 103-105, quite a safe number.

In fact, this was my first time visiting this branch selling pork-based ramen. The other time I had from this franchise was chicken-based one at nearby 100AM. So it's 一石二鳥的舉動.

免費日本拉麵喔!

I think pork one nicer than chicken one. Noodles could have been a tad softer, but I don't know if that's the authentic Japanese way lo. Spammed 4 eggs at one go... Looks like I cannot have eggs for the coming 1 week le. :/

In fact I had another promo as well, the free magnum ice-cream offer at 7-11 stores. But I forgo that as ramen promo was much more worth haha!

*This Kenneth 誇張到鬼, how on earth he managed to get hold of the ice cream when that store wasn't a participating store!*

Next, we headed to Holland Village where I ordered brownie for myself and we 三國殺 at the cafe to pass the time. I admit I'm not a very good player of this game, but oh well, I'm not good at any game anyway.


For the brownie, it's quite worth the $4.50 spent!

No comments: