2012-12-15

First ICT over!

Finally back from the 6-day ICT. It was the first ICT ever, with a lot of uncertainties. And of course my deferement application was unsuccessful. As much as I'd hoped to clear ICT cycle as fast as I can, but not this holiday ba... =/

OMG, it has been about 2.5 years since I last visited the camp. Nothing much has changed though, everything looked so in the 2007-2008-ish. But sad thing was that the mess had closed shop and the legendary uncle wasn't around. Moved out already? Also noticed certain changes done to previous unit also.

Luckily on the first day no need to bring everything back, though I saw people bringing everything back on first day of first ICT. So garang.

Then I found out that the people inside are quite young, ORDed only about a year or two ago. In fact, I'm considered old liao wor. But there were people who wore old uniform, lol, should have wore old ones in. Haa~

And also, I knew on the first day that I'm alone in the bn. There's no one I know or the faces I recognised before who was also in this bn. Everybody was so stranger to me. So I just kept quiet and observed the situation around first lo. But it seemed like everybody has their own clique like that.

But by second day they already forced us into groups, no choice but start to meet new people, talk around and make new friends. Luckily, my clique still alright and we stayed in section level most of the time. So it was a relief somehow. Eventually, continued to talk around and knew more people. Some of them were quite interested in what I did during active days last time.

今非昔比啊!天淵之別的說……

Long story cut short...

After did everything, we all feel that we've known each other for a long time even though we only first met for a few days only. It was rather pleasant to arrive at this conclusion actually though we didn't like to get dirty and such.

Amazingly, everybody was exchanging phone numbers towards the end of ICT. Looks like they are going to stay in contact even after this ICT.

After the last activity, which was the CIP, some of us like LT, Spencer, Kenneth and Paul went to J8 to chill and continued to chat before call it a day. Imagine 10 years down the road and 原班人馬 gather together for a chill session, what would the topic like? Would it still reminiscing the past in the olden days? Or talking about career, jobs, family? I don't know.

Perhaps, as the saying goes something like this "ICTs may be chiong and siong all the way, but after that, sitting down together and talked and laughed about it can be rather memorable", somehow it may be true after all.

And lastly, very tired ahhh!!!

No comments: