2012-12-22

BMT mates small gathering + Ah Boys To Men 新兵正傳 + new camera pouch

冬至快樂!

After back from visiting relatives in Malaysia, went out yesterday to meet 2 of the BMT mates @ I12 Katong. How time flies, last time it was known as Katong Mall, now it has been renovated and 'upgraded' into a premium mall called I12 Katong.

I wasn't late, in fact I'm early by a couple of minutes only la... But they all so merciless said me late :( lol...




Went to the kopitiam across the mall to have lunch. Jordan tried out the new camera. Jordan and I had the 福建蝦麵, while PG had 炒粿條 and Gerald had the 麵線版本的福建蝦麵. The mee sua version was good too! Omg, didn't know can mix like that one... Haha...

豆干包 or Tau Kwa Pau

$4的福建蝦麵,很大份

新兵正傳

Bought tickets for Ah Boys To Men 新兵正傳 movie. $7, heng got student rates. I think if you watch this together with BMT mates, definitely there's something you all could resonate together one! It seems a lot has changed for BMT also. The bunk layout, the training programme even the colour of the building were different from my era.

Surprisingly Irene Ang could speak Hokkein very well! (now I wonder why her mandarin is cmi? Hokkein and mandarin are not very similar though, but shouldn't be too far off from mandarin liao mah) The movie also brought in recent saga, like the maid carried field bag for NSF or the NSF tried to swim back to Singapore mainland from Pulau Tekong.

Actually about 70% dialogue were in English, but I found mandarin/Hokkein dialogue were the most hilarious.

Oh yah, and the CB leaf... LOL~

請他們吃芙蓉馳名燒包

iPhone 5擁護者

Went across the road again for Awfully Chocolate's desserts. Actually I wanted to try la + they all say it's not bad, so we just went over to pass the time lor. Ordered 4 desserts: Super Stacked Chocolate Cake, Cold Poached Chocolate (with peach?), Hazelnut Crumble, chocolate ice cream. Of all, the Hazelnut Crumble was the nicest while the ice cream was rather so-so. Too chocolatety liao, seems like I no need to have chocolate for the incoming future.

菜單



太太樣~

認真、搞怪

全家福 :)

Super Stacked Chocolate Cake,味道沒有雪糕那麼重

Cold Poached Chocolate (with peach?),也不錯啦~

Hazelnut Crumble,這個最好吃

雪糕真的很普通而已

發呆1

發呆2

I started the ball rolling by requesting each of us to talk just one thing related to our BMT at that time. It can be anything, training, recruit life, funny moments, striking moments, etc. Dug a lot of things out sia, some of which I didn't have any impression before. LOL... Nice gathering nonetheless...

After the farewell, me and PG made our way to City Hall as I wanted to look for a camera pouch (tried my luck at Funan) and also claim the Häagen-Dazs voucher.

$1 for a scoop of Häagen-Dazs's crème brûlée flavoured ice-cream was reasonable. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend my monies there as one scoop is rather expensive. Take Tom's Palette over this anytime. The taste is quite caramel-like, but it's not caramel. Interesting flavour.

Then went to Funan to look for a suitable camera pouch. At first sight, I was rather disappointed because most of the shops had closed at 8.30pm?! Somemore it's on a weekend's eve leh~ Anyway, I just walked around and finally 讓我找到了!

Have been looking at Manfrotto pouches for sometime since during exams, but the shipping cost from US to SG just simply doesn't make the deal. So I just try my luck to see if there's any of them lying around at Funan. Its pouches were adequately cushioned IMO, and they were not just a bit, 墊子還蠻厚一下的. Plus there's compartment for additional memory cards.

Nano IV款,品質還不錯

To my delight, I found almost full collection of its pouches at one of the shops there. Went in to see see look look, the quality wasn't bad though. Most importantly the price was reasonably priced. S$17 for one, compared to USD 13-15 if I buy from Amazon. And that haven't include shipping cost. So immediately I bought the Nano IV for my LX7 liao. Haha~ Happy with the purchase.

Just before the day ended, received the call-up notification! 可以不要那麼快嗎?


有人的shopping功力不輸一般女生的說~

No comments: