2012-12-25

Cooling and quiet Christmas day

Today was rather cooling, not much sunlight + the breeze = cool weather.

Supposed to meet HL and PG but while HL and PG were busy today, so I met ex-colleague Haegen today.

Did a bit of final report while lazy to go school to do simulation.

Had KFC for lunch and from there we chatted almost everything. But mainly centred around my grad trip to Korea in May/June next year as he had just returned from Korea not too long ago.

Then we moved to McDonald's to have high tea (actually it's coffee) to continue the chit chat. Lastly, we had 老火湯 for dinner before going home.

蠻大份的咖啡,謝謝Haegen啦!

Here are some pointers I've noted down from him:
1. Public transport is way better in SG. And possibly cheaper(?). Should take subway/bus in Seoul. Taxi also not very very expensive, but need to see the traffic conditions in the city.

2. Food may not be cheap. Fast food is about the same price in SG. Cheaper if visit those tents in those small lorong or roadside stalls. Recommended to have the seafood. Super fresh and cheap!

3. Most places have WiFi service. Almost all hotels do provide WiFi service also. So shouldn't have any problem bringing all phones/tablets over. No need to buy pre-paid card over there too.

4. Clothings will have a smaller cutting. So if I'm wearing M here, I have to look for L over there.

5. Ginseng is the so-called 'National Treasure' of Korea. So recommend to buy.

6. Hotels do provide almost all facial products, from gel to lotions to bathing foam. All big big bottles one, free of charge. Even got differentitate for men's use or women's use. 怕你不夠用!

7. Security wise, Korea is comparable or even better in SG.

8. For electrical appliances, the different type of socket means need to have an adaptor for our UK type plug. Recommended to bring extension cable or 3-point splitter.

9. Dongdaemun is cheaper than Myeongdong. So recommended to stay in dongdaemun. (In fact, I have no preference to accomodation. Of course need to be budget, but I just need clean rooms, beds and bathrooms, that's all.)

10. 化妝品多到嚇死你 and they are a lot cheaper than in SG.

11. If buying stuff in duty-free shops, it's not allowed to bring the goods out of the shop. The shop will send the paid goods to airport and you'll have to collect the goods there. This is to prevent resale to the locals as locals are not entitled to buy the stuff at the cheaper rate (tax-free).

On another note, the thought of graduating did excite me a bit. Afterall, after putting in effort for the past 4 years or 8 semesters, it's time to put it to an end. Time flies.

The grand finale is to put on the 方帽 to mark the end of education journey of most university students. Time to separate from the course mates I've known for the past 4 years, despite I didn't know a lot of them during my study in NTU. Been trying hard though, but everyone seems so living in their own social circle like that leh. Anyway, there's something call 'meeting up' haha!

雖然口頭說不會懷念什麼什麼,其實心裡多多少少都會不捨得的。

Lastly, continue the journey of life on another entirely different route.

Haven't started finding jobs. I'm waiting for it. I don't know about the rest but some of those I know are finding and a few of them had already gotten their jobs. The only thing now is to complete whatever is required for the course and go straight into the company to start work. Happy for them though.

How different or difficult this new route is going to take, I don't know. It contains a lot more uncertainties than the previous transitions I've made. But nonetheless, make it the best out of it is what I do know as of now. Along the way, I'll definitely meet new people but I will try to stay in contact with current friends, though we can get quite busy. I enjoy the company of friends! 友情可貴啊!

Even for now, the way I see things are a tad different from what I see the same thing when I started school or even in year 3. In fact it's totally different from when I'm in NS/JC/secondary school. 人生世事無常……

Come to think of it, I think I understood why people are saying 'being a student is better than working outing'. I'd probably getting the same thoughts in near future too.

No comments: