2012-01-17

Weekend enjoyment

The past weekend was a fulfilling one. As such, I became very lethargic and super exhaustive every morning the next day.

Chang韓式燒烤料理餐廳

Here came the much awaited Korean BBQ buffet on Saturday! Usually I won't high over Korean cuisine. It came to my mind after I watched the Korean drama 'Secret Garden' where some scenes were on BBQ of pig skin. On the other hand, it has been more than 3 years since I last do a Korean BBQ. So I guess it's time to savour on Korean cuisine! Everytime chatted with the rest about Korean BBQ, I just could not resist the temptation. Beh tahan~

After much discussions on whatsapp, we (PG, HL, Nicholas, Jordan, JX and me) decided on Chang BBQ at Iluma ($28.13 nett). Upon reaching the restaurant, it gave me the 'airy' feel and I guessed the ventilation was good. Indeed, the ventilation was good enough, despite we have very minor BBQ smell on our clothings.

So PG and I were the first to arrive, the restaurant had opened for business, waiting for patrons to visit it. Nobody was around. Not even the crew members. Then came Nicholas and he passed me a pink T-shirt which they bought in KL. lol it's said to be the first pink tee for me lor. It's only when we stepped into the place, then one lady waitress came to served PG, Nicholas and me.

So without anybody around, we took advantage and began to take pictures around. Then subsequently came HL, Jordan and JX. And the real BBQ starts! So we had a good chat while BBQing the meats. IMO, the marinated pork or chicken tasted the best. Somehow the spicy version did not buy my vote over, I think it's too normal when compared to the normal BBQ outside lor.

After the meal, JX left for his Chingay rehearsal and we went SMU for our usual 三國殺 hangout. OMG, the weather was scorching hot and there's not empty table with air-conditioning around. So we ended up playing the cards outdoors, enjoying the natural breeze (if possible).

After 2 games, they wanted to switch to a location where there is air-con. Granted, so we went to the McD besides POMO. Seated with a big gulp of ice lemon tea, we continued playing there. Then, HH, ZX and Sebastian joined in. (I knew HH could not resist the temptation of playing SGS la~~).

Luck was not at my side, it's either I lost the round, or I lost without even playing for one round. So after I was kicked out of the game, I switched to lower seats and waited for them to finish that round. Game continued after that.

Haiz, I think it's just a game, there are winning and also losing times. I did take it too seriously and furthermore I did not play it often. Not as crazy as them when comes to 三國殺. Frankly, I'm a 'gamely' person, not interested in all sorts of card games. This applies to console games, computer games too... I kinda the odd one out among the peers. Haha... Nothing wrong with that. 'cause without games, my time is quite fully occupied with other activities. 東西都要做不完了!

比起之前吃的Ju Shin Jung,這間的肉類選擇較少

哈哈!:P

開始燒烤咯!

烤熟後會變色,很容易的

That's for Saturday. Here comes Sunday.

Bay initiated for a karaoke session. I also had this thought the day before and I even talked to my friends about it. LOL! So coincidence! Anyway, after a bit of spring cleaning on my computer desk, I went to Dhoby Ghaut to meet him. (And I thought the rest also joined, perhaps I think too much liao, haha!)

This time round, wanted to try out new songs, but the system was a bit outdated, does not have the songs I wanted. Even Hebe's 還是要幸福 was not the official KTV version one. O.o Not to mention we could not find 胡夏 from the singer list. Have to find the song specifically using HYPY initials.

After 3 hours of K session. I need to improve on 那些年 by 胡夏. Was criticised by Bay for sudden high-low pitch transitions. Haha... :P Again, the weather was very very hot until I want to melt le.

Dinner was settled at Old Airport Road. Recommend there for Bay since he hasn't been there before. Had Char Kway Teow, Bay commented it was delicious. Glad to see he enjoyed my recommendation though. If not, I will not feel comfortable. Haha... Lastly, bought the famous 老伴豆花 back for family to enjoy.

No comments: