2008-10-19

2 consecutive outings in 2 days.

Again, outings and more outings. This month is so-called the outing month! As a lot of people are graduating in upcoming couple of weeks, including myself (2 this month, 4 in Nov and 4 in Dec), we have come up with lots of activities to enable ourselves to get close with our juniors. Those we think who are nice guys lar...

16/10/2008 Johor Baru outing

*I've enough of stunts liao! Just let me go peacefully without hiccups, can or not?

This outing I didn't know de wor, don't know whose hands and mouth itchy go and tell I'm the organiser. Yah, I'm Malaysian but I don't come from JB mah. Try asking people from Penang or KL to take you around JB la, it's the same. 放过我一马吧!

Who went?
1. Me
2. Jansen
3. Timothy (special guest)
4. Kenny
5. SK
6. Shi Hao
7. Jia Yun
8. Joseph

Even though Joseph has a car, but he chose to take public transport while in JB. Reason? Dangerous to drive there. It really depends on how you present yourself lar, if you wear big gold big silver big watch, then obviously you are inviting for troubles lar. Also, don't place valuables in seenable locations in the car.

Initially, we have set the meeting time and place to be 1pm at Kranji MRT. I was first to arrive. Back at Bukit Batok MRT, Timothy called to inform me he wanted to go too, but he has something to do at Buona Vista, so might be late.

Then I called Kenny, he said he was on the way, together with Shi Hao SK they all, to Joseph's house to take the passport. What the hell?! Why the hassle? They were delaying the time lor.

Jansen came on his own by the local 170 bus. He was the 2nd to arrive. Initially, he wanted to meet the rest of us at the checkpoint at 1.20pm. But then, he decided to join me waiting for the rest. So we waited and waited.

Guess what?

I waited for more than 1 hour! Three of us appeared liao, then I called Kenny. He's still at Yishun lor! I told him, we 3 just cross the causeway 1st. Later then link up using phone.

The moment we stepped onto JB soil. Jansen immediately introduce some good food stalls there, what 咖哩鱼头 and 猪肠粉. Can try next time because Timothy wanted to have 'lunch' at City Square. So we had MarryBrown as lunch. It's a 1st for me to try MB even though I'm Malaysian. So? I prefer local food there lor. But the chicken was nice, better than KFC lor.

Then we went to buy some from Aunty Anne's Pretzels stall . A 1st for me too. Haiz... Compared to them, I think I quite like a 宅男, never try this b4 never try that b4. Tried both sour cream & onion and cinnamon sugar. Nice! My treat to Jansen and Timothy.

After which as we stopped and discussing about the Secret Recipe promotion, someone talked to us in a loud manner. I was shocked, then I turned and looked. That someone was Josephine! Asked the rest whereabouts. She said she also don't know. What were they up to? It's almost 4pm lor.

At last we met up, the first thing we did was to fill up our stomach with lunch. Chose Stonegrill restaurant because Jia Yun wanted to try. I shared my order with Jansen (Mixed grill + 杂豆 + fries @ RM29.90) and we added in one black pepper whipped potatoes (RM5.50). The grill was not bad and the waiter was super kind enough to help us cook the whole thing, including the cut ups. Only me and Jansen got helpers, other cooked on their own and they asked why only we got helpers. I think it's the 样子问题. LOL... Then the waiter also asked us if we want extra black pepper sauce. Wahaha~

Then, the group of us splitted into halves, with 1 group looking for DVDs and the other sat down for high tea @ Secret Recipe. Timothy couldn't believe the promotion they were having: cake + beverages = RM3. So he wanted to try lor. I had chocolate indulgence + caramel latte. The cake was not bad. Latte... I don't know if it's good or not because I'm not into the coffee. In the end, the other half group of people also lured by us, also sat down to order something until...

the bill came!

The astonishing part of it was that the RM3 refer to the slice of cake only. LOL... Everybody felt that they were cheated by SR. I didn't comment much because I know it couldn't be so cheap lor. Sgreans like to take advantages of offers and promotions without thinking the catch behind it. =.=

Then we headed to Holiday Plaza for DVDs. Kenny, Jansen, Shi Hao and me were not interested in the DVDs, so we had a eating + chat session at KFC. 他们聊的内容很劲爆一下!

As usual, dinner was at 大马花园. What they ordered were very 丰富 lor, got fish, got chicken, got 虾婆... Nice... Each person RM30.60.

After that Jansen was hiao-ing with his sms. LOL...


等菜上桌先照个相:SK, Kenny, Jia Yun, Timothy


等菜上桌先照个相:Joseph, Jansen, , Shi Hao, SK


其实主角是超大杯的甘蔗水!SK的手也摄入镜头里


Jia Yun, Kenny, 我!


看到酱大杯的甘蔗水没有?


两个酒鬼跟一个自high王…… 哈哈!


17/10/2008 Geraint's Birthday

*Happy Birthday to Geraint!

Pop up at Dominic's house at around 3.30pm. Not bad for a condonimum, but the exterior of the buildings looked like some places back at my workplace, a lot of algae around. Then went down with those future Olympics swimmers to see them swim, coz I got hydrophobia. I scared as soon as I see the swimming pool.

Then we went to Mayim chinese restaurant @ West Mall. There we had 13 people celebrating birthday with Geraint:
1. Me
2. Kenny
3. Edwin
4. Jansen
5. Edmund
6. Weilong
7. Geraint
8. Leon
9. Jia Yun
10. Dominic
11. Danseh
12. Bay
13. Nigel
14. Samuel

The whole feast went like this, each individual order his own set of noodles/rice and then his serving of 小笼包. Then the whole lot ordered some side orders to be shared by all.

Side orders.
Golden shrimps: This one was good, comparable to the one at Temasek Club.
Calamari: This one was ok, not too tough on tooth.
鹿肉: I don't really like those exotics though. But this one is tender.

Individual orders.
小笼包: Yah, it's not as good as one you get at Crystal Jade. But this is budget version leh!
Wanton La-mien: Very standard one leh...

After which we had an ice-cream cake from Swensen. Nicely baked.

After the whole event, some of the guys were too high, they went for a free ride on the i-gallop... OMG!


Bay, Kenny, 寿星公, Leon, Jia Yun


苦中作乐


几个gay佬,踹他一脚!


大合照


K-9


冰淇淋蛋糕

No comments: