2008-07-25

My first 16KM run

Today had a 'good' run at East Coast Park.

All I can see is people in black shirts. Think they make up 80-90% of the group of people.

Starting of the 16km run was good. However after I went back, passing the starting point, to go to the opposite side of the East Coast Park. I had stomach stitch. No choice, but to slow down and even walked! Overtook Jordan, Hock Long and Yong Sheng. But the latter didn't overtake me because his legs kena what la~ LOL

But in the end, Jordan and Hock Long overtook me... =.=

Finished the run with timing 1hr 36mins and received a medal. LOL~ If not for the stitch, think could have gotten 15 mins faster.

Peng Guan, who will take part in the competition category in the upcoming AHM, came in 1hr 11min. Congrats to him.

Funny thing is I know I'm unfit, yet I outran those who already pass the IPPT test. No logic right?

Took half day and went out with Jordan, Peng Guan and Yong Sheng. Decided to went K. Jordan had a good lobang la! Had laksa at nearby eatery stall, aka Katong laksa la! Small bowl cost me $3 =.= After that went to Cold Storage to buy tidbits and drinks and a bottle of vodka. The vodka tasted like medicine, I forgot what illness the medicine heals, but is in red colour de. =.= 8% alcohol won't make me drunk la!

No advertising intended. It was called Teo Heng Karaoke Music Centre @ Katong Shopping Centre.

We opt for the small room, it has the cheapest deal. Yah, the room was super small. =.= Hardly squeeze in 4 of us. =.= The sound system was good, navigation was easy, songs were up to date.
Sang from 1pm to 5pm. 4 hours cost us $32. $8 each. But the catch is no drinks and/or tidbits provided. This one is not a problem, can be easily settled by ourselves la.

Overall not too bad la. LOL

Also, the 3 of them recommend this Japanese restaurant to me. It was called Hanabi Japanese restaurant. Heard that it serves buffet, and each pax can expect to pay at least $30. But they say the food was nice. Don't know about it tho. Waiting for people to being me there. Haha!

And Jordan corrected my Malaysian accent. I don't know to believe him or not. I pronounced 虾面 as xia2 mian4. But Jordan seemed to disagree, saying that it should be pronounced as xia1 mian4 and even wanted me to repeat after him. =.= Har... I have been pronouncing it as xia2 mian4 since I was small... LOL

No comments: