2008-07-25

17/7/2008 Red Cliff 赤壁

Choo suggested to have a movie outing on a Saturday because he works in the weekdays.

List of people who attended the outing:
1. Me
2. Bay
3. Edwin
4. Jia Yun

Choo actually wanted to come, but I don't know if I told him the wrong timing or he remembered the wrong timing liao, so he didn't turn up. But cannot give him the title of Mr Aeroplane by Bay la!

Reached Plaza Singapura to play Initial D4 with Edwin and Jia Yun. First timer here. I chose Honda S2000, hope it's a good car. 6-speed manual leh, though I hope it has the Volkswagen DSG gearbox. Edwin and Jia Yun are so pro in those mountain roads with numerous wide and sharp and even u-turns. Even Ang plays this. =.=

Verdict: I find the steering wheel super light, not very real though. Fortunately, this can be rectified through the settings menu. Graphics rendering is considered good liao, but too fake on the car headlamp lighting and smoke part. Just too fake. The licence card is cool though.

Had KFC with Edwin and Jia Yun prior to the Initial D4 battle. Just then I knew that the tickets of the abovementioned movie was selling fast. Only left those front rows, most timings are full house liao, however you can watch after 12am. I called Bay to check out the timing of other cinemas, such as Eng Wah @ Suntec, Cathay @ Cineleisure, GV @ Marina Square etc. through online. I thought he was very IT-savvy, but the truth was he lousy la~ Still need to ask us how to go to websai... OMG LOL

In the end, we bought 5.10pm timing with the seats along the 2nd row from the front. Strained our necks. LOL... But really the threatre was full house.


Here comes the movie review.

I'm not a fan of the three kingdoms. However, I had read articles about it, so I know what really happened.

This movie depicts the story of the war at the 'red cliff'. The story was alright, though some changes were made. In the end, the movie is a bit different from the original novel itself. What differences? Head over to Wikipedia to find out ba.

I found 林志玲 was super extra in the show. 花瓶 indeed. Heard that she plays an important role in part 2. And why must there a 床戏 part in the show?! However, that part was cut before being shown in our cinemas. LOL

Regarding to the battles themselves, I liked the 八卦阵 the best. A lot of stunts (like the rope or you can call it leash). I really liked it when 曹操's army was kena caught by the 刘备/孙权's armies. LOL

Some parts, though they are small details, are considered to be 印象深刻. For example,
我需要冷静” I think this is supposed to be a cold joke. 冷风吹过……
略懂” Everything 诸葛亮 also know. In modern days, we have Jacky Wu.

And when the movie is at the climax...
赤壁之战,下回分晓

严重给导演炸到~

Think I will look forward of the release of part 2.

No comments: