2007-12-02

Sitex 2007

Nevertheless, I spent my dismount day visiting the exhibition at Expo. Today is the last day of the 4-day event, but still, I could see lots of people either vexing over which to buy or busy queuing up to buy their IT products.

Based on my previous experiences at computer/IT show, the best selling product is actually memory cards. Because almost every technology product requires memory card, e.g. mobile phone, digital camera, PSP etc.

The second and third best selling product could be computers and harddisks respectively, but could be interchangeable.

Few days before prior to the event, Bay asked me if I was interested to go down with him. I agreed, but in the end, he didn't want to go 'cause he said 'nothing to see there, very sian'...

Never mind, the next person I had in mind was Chee Chuan. So I smsed him at about noon time, asking him out. But he told me he had today's programmes lined-up already. So again, never mind.

Aiya, just go there myself la! Yes, alone.

Anyway, I got my sights on some of the harddisks. WD, Seagate and Maxtor. WD's prices were the most competitive. But the casing looked cheap and quite crippled physically looking as if it is going to break apart any time.

I like the Seagate's black with light orange combination. The combination is similar to Sony Ericsson's solution to Walkman series. It looks cool as the orange light glows when the harddisk is operating.

Not sure about Maxtor, but it has the newest line up. Since it has been bought over by Seagate, it, too, also offers 5-year warranty. It has the most expensive harddisk out there, a 20 buck heftier than the Seagate counterpart. So I asked the salesboy what is the difference between harddisks from Maxtor and Seagate. So the salesboy explained lots of things bla bla bla.

In the end I gotten one Maxtor 80GB harddisk for $109. Initial price was $129. LOL

Ironically, the MRT was even more crowded than the exhibition itself. Worse than any other MRT stations during any time of the day. Blame on the frequency of the trains. But partly because there were also other big events going on.

No comments: