2014-11-15

2014 Week 46 review

2014-11-10&11 Monday and Tuesday
Come to think of it, today marks the 6th anniversary of my batch first ORD - Edwin. Why I remember this so well is because at that time I was quite envious of those who only need to serve 1 year 10 months instead of full 2 years. Of course people like Edwin, Jansen are same as me - can't pass IPPT one, but yet they can ORD earlier lor.

這個世界就是不公平的。轉眼間一下子就過了六年,時間過得好快好快—快到我有一種每天都不知道自己在追逐的是什麼東西的感覺了。如今,Edwin 也求婚成功了。我這份工作真的做到好累,已經沒什麼時間陪家人朋友了,為什麼會這樣????

That aside, I still think the experience isn't that bad la... It really depends on individual how he wants to look at NS. If he thinks negatively, then the experience can't be good to anywhere. Otherwise, if he takes it positively, everything can be a good experience lo. Some people really like to nag nag nag and say 2 years go very slow... Yes I agree 2 years is a bit waste of time but think about it, as time goes by, I realised the time passed faster and faster. It's so fast that at a blink of an eye it's time for me to ORD and leave those people who I worked with during my time in K9, not to mention those dogs!

Anyway those memories an emo things aside, my long weekend continues! Slept rather late at 2.30 am and woke up at 9 liao.

Reminded myself to grab the 150 RMB hongbao on Taobao. Then PG came over and also reminded me too! Aigoo... Told him I already set alarm for this ds.

However almost immediately 10 am when the system opened to users to get the hongbao, all 2000 hongbaos were snapped up! Both of us can't even get one. Very saggy!

Did some spring cleaning for the whole morning ds so didn't get a chance to slowly browse Taobao.

Lunch was homemade 伊麵 with yong tau foo. Delicious! Never I had such a simple but good meal in the middle of the day liao since I was jobless and stayed at home during this period last year. Can I time travel back to year 2013? Seems like I have less troubles last year ds.

Set alarm again for the afternoon grab hongbao session. PG used phone and he was able to get it. I used computer and saggy I can't even get it. Shouldn't be computer faster than phone meh?

Then quite a few people asking me about work stuff. Simi sai?!!!! I on leave leh can let me enjoy some peace?

Then afternoon vacuum and mopped floor. By the time I was freed, it was close to dinner time liao.

After dinner worked for about 30 mins to help Barry prepare for tomorrow meeting. Very sian one leh...

PG said server started to lag liao though it was only 9 plus 10 pm.

Then he came around 11.30 pm. It was 11.57 pm and I almost forgot to add in note 3 casing and by time I realised it, it was already back to normal price liao. Nvm lo, still got next time.

After adding all our stuff to cart and proceeded to check out, we realised that Xiaomi Mi Pad and the 16000 mAh powerbanks weren't included. It's not we forgot to add them to cart but Taobao, for some reason, didn't allow us to buy it. Very saggy...

Then here was some problem with payment. Spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to install the plug-in. Even need to restart the browser too. I hate this plug-in, why can't use the normal phone 2FA authentication? It saves a lot of technical troubles and issues leh. Somemore I don't know if it's more than just a security plug-in.

After a painstaking session, the plug-in issue was finally settled. The next issue came up. PG lost his debit card through the gap in the lift, so he made a new one and Taobao doesn't have this new card information. What PG meant is that it may take more time coz need to input the information lo.

Then it came to the step where he had to key in the 支付寶密碼, we were stuck. PG said he didn't set the password before and this step wasn't required the last time he checkout at Taobao, don't know why this time round Taobao needs the 支付寶密碼. Being a first timer, I was also puzzled and confused. It's quite complicated to navigate around Taobao because there are so many terms, flexibility and lots of information cramped into a single webpage. It takes a while for me to understand clearly and thoroughly how Taobao works. For sure it's much more complex than Amazon ds.

It was already 1.10 am liao. The whole thing ended without buying anything. Super saggy. Sent PG home.

Then Nicholas said must link Taobao account to 支付寶 account and set a authorisation or authentication password for it. After I tried this step myself, it seemed that my Taobao account wasn't connected to 支付寶 account too.

After which I told PG that I can help him to buy. Had to login to his account and transfer the purchases over ds. Super irritating! But luckily I could successfully check out and paid for our stuff after trying to digest what Nicholas said in the WhatsApp - that is to link Taobao to Slept at 3.30 am ds.

Woke up at 11 am today ds. Nicholas asked me where I am heading to today. Honestly I don't understand why he kept asking me to go out - these leave and off are very precious to me. So as much as I wanted to

Saw note 3 case only ¥21.90 very cheap. I knew it's not the original one but still I wanted to get it to replace this current one. Aigoo, the quality bx leh... Told PG and he was aroused by Taobao ds. But saggy he got team meeting so he was unable to give me the link to buy more stuff.

Afternoon went for the second round of Taobao buying frenzy!!! Got myself some pens (¥1 to ¥1.20 ONLY!!!). Chalked up3 20 before the 50 bucks discount.

Then just now sis knew we went for second round she also bx, said wanted to buy more.

So third round ended up buying sis items. 3 rolls of string to knit, wallpaper and hat. All together ¥50.52 only, can't use the ¥10 off for ¥100 purchase.

My long weekend is ending soon :(



2014-11-12 Wednesday
Reached office at 8.20am today. Barry already in the office ds. Aigoo I thought I was the earliest to reach.

Then big boss said that he needed me to go down to the meeting venue to check, verify or investigate the issue reported last Friday. Aigoo, if he said earlier I could have tagged along Barry liao.

Then lunch @ noontime, Reena called me 老闆 and asked me if I going for lunch. Then 30 mins later GD asked me in a awkward and weird manner with funny and not standardised pronounciation: 老闆,你要不要去吃飯?He learning mandarin ah?! But I replied him in English that i was waiting for Barry to come back then lunch together. Then I think he saggy ds. Coz JM said she going site to have lunch before her 2nd shift and Raymond was nowhere to be seen.

Lunch with Barry at the food court behind office. He asked me 要喝什麼 and I replied I don't want anything. In the end he still bought soya bean milk for me and 'threatened' me by saying 不喝就跟老闆講!Nowadays he very 厲害 using boss to force me into accepting whatever he do hor?!

Talking about car I really have doubts on Barry. How can Honda Airwave and Honda Odyssey put together and you dare to say Airwave is only a little bit smaller than Odyssey. Mcs? Firstly they are classified into different categories leh - Airwave is a station wagon while Odyssey is a full sized MPV. Next how can a Toyota car is more expensive than a Honda car?! A Corolla Altis is cheaper than Civic by a bit leh! Anyway he looking at Honda Steam. He said nice wor~~

Then afternoon went meeting venue with big boss. While on our way to basement level, I asked him when he came to SG and whether he like SG or not. Apparently it seems to me that boss came earlier than big boss leh. For the loving SG part, he said he like SG wor. Really meh?? Anyway for the objective of this trip, it Turned out that there was no issue at all! I don't know how to explain too... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. But I'm hoping that it works 100% of the time! With that I think both me and big boss will have a peace of mind.

Then on our way out, he said that I uploaded a lot of food and drink photos hor. Oh no, I totally forgot about him when I uploaded these photos on Instagram and then linked to Facebook!!! I was a bit surprised and shocked initially. Then I quickly replied that I should not post photos on Facebook anymore. Then he just patted on my shoulder and said never mind. Aigoo... 怕怕咧~~

Then saw GD while on my way to wash cup. I purposely stay away from him as we walked to pass each other, saying 'I'm very scared of you...' Then he kept asking 'Why? Why? Why?' Mcs?!

Since when WK came into office one? Left around 7.30 pm. Saw Barry's car leh and he's going by CTE direction. Maybe can ask him to drop me off at the bus stop so I no need to walk le leh. Idea hor?! Keke... Reached home 9 pm liao quite tired.



2014-11-13 Thursday
Morning had a terrible stomachache. Instead of tahan till Dhoby Ghaut, I emergency alighted at Jurong East station and I said bye bye to today's free MRT ride liao.

After finishing the business (macam like world war 3), I went back to Jurong East station and continue my commute to work. This time round decided to take train all the way to Potong Pasir. 都付錢搭地鐵了,就應該搭到完啊,善加利用時間咯。

Just outside Uniqlo store at about 7.35 am, someone waved to me. It was WX! Totally unexpected ds!

Morning meeting went very smoothly. But the meeting ended quite late lo.
Hendra not free so he said he's not joining me for the meeting.

Barry said they all went to Kovan Hawker Centre.

Last to arrive. Left 2 pm back to office. GD said if not for the training in the morning, he would have stayed at home and watched NBA. This falls in line to what I was suspecting - he likes basketball but he doesn't play... Then Barry was surprised and asked what team he like. Pistons. Overtook Reena car.

After lunch went LTA. Surprised to see CSG and Andy ds. In the end I finally see the big boss there - scared scared. Luckily the meeting ended unexpectedly early. But I felt it was a waste of time because it did not address the issue which I tried to look forward to.

Ended at 6.15 pm. Yang! Didn't know Joa's ah lao also there ds and I walked past without knowing until Barry told me he is Joa's ah lao.

Called PG and he said Nicholas already at Central. So I just made my way there lo. Reached Clarke Quay station at 6.35 pm, much earlier than 7 pm. Then went to draw money at the ATM and next saw phone got 4 missed calls from Nicholas baituo... Suddenly spotted Chun Xu walking towards the gantries after work. I thought he works in BCA, now works around Clarke Quay area?!

Then both me and Nicholas went into the restaurant first while waiting for the rest as we had nothing to do except to eat le. Keke... At the same time I need to powerbank charge note 3 ds, 9% is bxds. Anything below 5% cannot take photos one.

Nicholas double confirmed that he has bought over S$10k of stuff from Taobao over the 2 years of his practical in Beijing. That's the pepper and addiction that Taobao has on him keke. PG went crazy an meltdown qu ds.

After that JX also reached. Ehh he didn't wear that super song shorts? At least he's appropriately dressed this time round. PG arrived next. Then is Jordan and lastly Wiyatno.

They all viewing at the menu. Without any hesitation I said I want the JJM ds! Maybe add one side or what lor. These are very flexible one.

In the end we settled for 3 bowls of upsized JJM, a serving of steamed dumplings (물만두) and a big serving of fried chicken with hot soybean sauce (유린기). Jordan specifically wanted the steamed dumplings as he was down with a fever which he explained it happens every time he's back in Singapore from Sydney, aka 水土不服.

Dumplings ($8++) were average at its best. The first moment I saw the dumplings, I recognised it as those small frozen dumplings in my fridge. But what made it stood out perhaps was the seasoning, a little fragrant which I think is suitable for Jordan.

For the chicken, it has a 'local' flavour rather than Korean style lor because lots of 指天椒 were added to the dish! Very spicy, shiok and delicious! But a little bit expensive. Mcs $48++?!

Last, but not least, the main attention of the show: JJM! ($12 + $2 add on ++) As almost all us going for this dish which I think it's the best selling dish or 招牌菜 of the restaurant. Everybody seemed ok to share an up-sized JJM among two. It's a first for  Wiyatno, Jordan and JX to dine here and I really think no matter what they should try out JJM lor. Keke...

Damage: $20 (total $115.35).

Made a fool of myself: the plastic bowl is used to drink but I asked for glass mugs when everybody told me it's that small plastic bowl instead. =.=

就還有說有笑的,吃個飯輕鬆愉快啊!

Towards the end, we asked the lady boss to help us take some pictures which I have to give credits to her. Shots were nicely taken though she might take a little longer time to adjust ds.

Went eat waffles at Haato &Co. Ordered a waffles with two ice-cream toppings - premium pistachio and rum & raisin - to share among us.

口味可真多啊!

Rum & raisin very nice!

Damage:$2 (total $12)

Had some great chats over at this small eatery, with lots of laughter that my eyes got tears ds. Talked about HH, I showed them a lot of HH photos and Jordan almost went devastated and mental breakdown lol.

It's been 2.5 months since into a new job for Wiyatno and he was surprised that I still remembered he went for the interview on his birthday but nah it's not for this job. Then he got interested in 中醫把脈, keep asking people to diagnose for him, indirectly asking Nicholas to help him because he is the only one who really know about 把脈 lor. The interest continued from Tae Woo to Hoota & Co! LOL~ Took a few candid shots very bx.

 Nicholas 幫 Wiyatno 把脈!

Then Jordan said he hasn't meet many people yet, only sec school mates the previous day. Will stay for about a month before he flies back to Sydney to attend the graduation ceremony and tour Australia with family at the same time.

Jordan said that his upcoming work (yes, he has found one) is:
  • 5-day work week, but not strictly 5 days as depends on schedule
  • Start 1 Jan 2015
  • Before that, he will go volunteer at the shop
  • Prefers this over Mount Pleasant Hospital when queried
  • 2 shifts
  • Near his house

Then after that I asked if he has met up with that James. Why James in particular is because he wrote bx comment on FB wall: 'GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!' Aigoo Very attention catching lor. Then PG mentioned about KF then Jordan went saggy. 他們似乎鬧翻了。

According to Jordan is that he was back in SG during school vacation about 3-4 years back and Jordan asked KF if want to meet up. KF agreed. The date of meet up coincidentally was the same day as Jordan's mum birthday. As Jordan's family didn't have the habit of celebrating mum's birthday, his sis suddenly suggested to celebrate lor. In Jordan's opinion, family comes first before friends mah, so it's socially accepted and logical that he would push away or postpone the day of meetup with KF. Then KF went mad and crazy. Jordan felt ridiculous because he thought it's really a trivial matter - at most meet in another day lor. And also Jordan felt helpless too. Here's why...

After a few days Jordan tried to contact and talk to KF but wasn't really successful until one fine day when KF agreed to meet up for a dinner at Lau Pat Sat.

However upon meet up, KF straight away walked right in front of Jordan without waiting for him (sounds like what HH did during our trip to Nami Island when HH walked so fast in front without waiting for us from the port to Gapyeong train station, we don't know what went wrong with him). Then when sit down, Jordan asked KF if he wanted satay and KF said no. Without feeling anything amiss, Jordan went to order satay. After that KF also went to order satay... Jordan felt really ridiculous lor. Then he started asking questions and talked to KF but KF 潑冷水讓 Jordan 坐冷板凳, giving those one-word reply - answering Jordan's questions quite reluctantly.

After the whole incident then KF said he did that purposely to Jordan. From that on, both of them did notkeep in contact liao. Aigoo...

At 9.30 pm, Wiyatno kept making noise said he wanna go home le. Ok lor, we also don't want to keep people because it's a Thursday and off he went.

We also left the place around 10 pm. That's the end of event.


那時候畢業旅行沒買
這次終於可以試用看啦!

Back home after 11 pm and saw the stuff cousin bought from Korea. Saw the sleeping mask from Too Cool For School! V.V Without doing anything I went to sleep le.

Barry was surprised that the free drink redemption period for the Starbucks mini card was already over. He didn't know and he wondered why he couldn't get the free drink after registering the card. Aigoo the promotion ended more than a month ago le leh.


2014-11-14 Friday
Nothing much happened today. Morning had a terrible stomachache (yes again!) so left home almost 10 mins later. Aigoo no more free ride till Dhoby Ghaut le. Then so coincident that PG took train with me.

Waited for Barry to come back from his meeting and we went lunch at the hawker behind office. I wanted to eat yong tau foo and Barry wanted to have western for lunch. So he went to order a serving of Fish 'n' Chips from Collin's ($8.90).

Very worth but it was so big serving that Barry cut half of the fish fillet for me. Then the went to give freebies: calamari rings an potato waffle fries. Again he used the boss to 'threaten' me aigoo. 我肚子快要爆炸了!

Then I quickly got on to fast fast finish off my work so that I can leave off early - as agreed by Barry and me.

Then Alberto added me to this football chatroom. Obviously I was not interested in it and left the chatroom. Lol...

Finished my work at 6.45 pm. Quickly packed up my stuff  just as I was about to leave the place, saw Barry, GD and WK came in. Barry helped them to carry some stuff. GD saw me going home and then he commented should have called me to help also. Lol.. TOO BAD! I shall end my day from here!!!

No comments: