2009-08-15

NTU Year 1 Semester 1 Week 1 review

Modules taking:
FE1002 Physics II
FE1003 Chemistry
FE1006 Mathematics I
FE1008 Computing
HW110 Effective Communication
HE191 Principles of Economics
FE1071 Laboratory works

Here's my conclusion for this week.

Physics II: No lecture for this week! OMG, going to die with make up lectures! And the notes, see liao I hin...

Chemistry: Beginning to like it and it is all revision to A level Chemistry. The periodic table gets more detailed. Example, molar mass for 1H is 1.00g back then. Now it becomes 1.008g. Precision is the key here.

Maths I: Now I realised one thing - I've never regretted taking up Further Mathematics during JC. After seeing year 1 maths, most of the content I could digest without much problem. Just went through some trigo stuff, function stuff, exponential stuff only. The lecturer is bo liao also, self-highing over clickers. Ask stupid questions confirm get stupid answers de mah.

Computing: Not much comment yet, but it looks manageable as of now. Not sure if I can take on programming. All those programming languages! OMG~

Effective communication: The worst module IMO. I don't know what the lecturer wanted to express. Perhaps using more real-life and concrete examples would be better than using those very chim + abstract terms.

Principles of Economics: Looks okay as of now. A bit interested in this topic too.

Lab works: No lab works for this week.

Today met up new friends. They were friends of Yao Dong. Luckily me... If not I would be alone for today liao...

Then went out with them to SIM for lunch. SIM looks very modern and office-like. The whole building is air-conditioned and this adds value to it. No wonder the fee so expensive la~ And then parking is free!

The western food there not bad leh, price is affordable yet serving portion was huge! Even the guys couldn't finish their chicken cutlet set. But I wouldn't advise to have it very other day.

Regarding the textbooks, I see some people are really kiasu! Just wack all the textbooks up! =.= For me, at least see how the progress la. If it's easy then textbook might not be needed at all. If it's difficult then textbook might help along. Exclude those compulsory textbooks.

No comments: