2008-04-15

Billy Bombers Outing + Street King Movie

Today was a hectic day... Shan't talk about it.

Well, this post is a long post. Beware!
Morning went to work and saw a parked Fiat Punto, it must be KDJ's rented car lo. Not bad huh.

He rented this car for the much anticipated outing which has been discussed for more than a week already. He wanted a Billy Bombers outing which is to be held after the payday. So I volunteered to join lor.

KDJ is kind enough to think of renting a car to ferry those attending the outing! In regard to this, I up for him! But too bad la, OSY also drove his car today. Surprised too. In the end, it turned out to be more seats than the people going. Never mind la... KDJ that car was channel 5 frequency while OSY channel 8 frequency.

Surprisingly YLA also went...

小闹剧在门口上演。

This KDJ actually came out of the car later than me, in hoping to return the car pass. I asked him (as I'm surprised)if he's going to eat in that outfit, he said of course not. Heng ah, how am I going to have a meal with people with that outfit?! And he's so cheeky to said that he wanted to take back his identity card faster than me! And he succeeded! OMG~ Two childish adults squeezing and pushing each other for the exchanging of passes and cards... LOL

We took PIE, heading for GK's house first, before heading to downtown. I always have the impression that GK is damn rich. At last, it proved my point that he is that rich! A three-storey house, just newly-renovated with a modern look, situated at Bukit Timah, very near to Nanyang Girl High School. His bedroom is at the top floor: toilet with a bathtub, a projector TV, LCD TV connected to Xbox 360 and Wii. See how rich he is?!

After that, we headed for The Cathay House, which is located besides Plaza Singapura. OSY actually told me he's never been to Orchard before. I was stunned! But luckily, I told him I roughly know the way there... Okay, everything was smooth except that he showed stunt by going straight instead of turning right at right turn lane... Phew, no TP around...

Went to buy movie tickets with OSY. The movie is rated NC16, i.e. only those > 16 years old can be allowed to watch. The receptionist requested to verify our age by showing our student passes to her. Okay, we replied that we're under SAF. But still she insisted that she wanted to see student passes on us, so I handed my ez-link card to her. She held the card with both hands and looked at the card with lots of curiosity and claimed that she had never seen this before! $7.50 per pax.

WTH? The card is green and the words on the card suggested that I'm already 16 years old. In fact, I'm turning 20 in coming 2 months. Me and OSY LOLed.

Soon, the rest of the bunch came. I had Fish 'n' Fries ($12.68 with a 25% discount before GST and service charges, a total of 17% extra charges, U.P. $16.90). Not bad, but I feel that the fish can be better as compared to Fish 'n' Co. OSY had Fish 'n' Fries also. GK, KDJ and YLA had Honey Stung Crispy Chicken. Looked good too. Not sure about the real taste? LK (not lame king ok?) had 'Route 66'. It's a burger.

We chatted and joked along the way. Keep saying the power of the pass we have! Everything will be smooth and success... lol What a lame excuse!?

After which, went to nearby "Gammaphone" music + video store. KDJ wanted to buy a $200 earpiece. This means that he had to give up 6 similar outing le lor! LOL

Went to a skin mask shop. OSY was quoted $46 for a single front-side PSP masking job and $60++ for double sided PSP masking job. Quite expensive but the catch is you can really customize the design you want and the workmanship is good too. Then, GK and YLA left. Now only 4 of us taking care of each other. LOL

Ok, go straight into the movie. Not many people were in the theater yet we were given 'The Grand Cathay' theater! Ironic lor.

Movie wise, the story is not bad but the plot is easily predicted.
Graphic wise, not much of using the computers for sci-fi effects but the mock gun injuries and blood did make up for this. Also the gun effect is mocked-up to look very real too.
Sound wise, not much of impact too. Basically, throughout the movie, mostly comprises of the conversations and the gun sounds.

After the movie, we went separate way with KDJ driving alone. OSY told me again that he doesn't know the way out of the downtown! OMG, I told him this time round I'm not very pro le. But I told him can go by Grange Road, followed by Holland Road. However, I saw Bukit Timah Road signage and we decided to follow this road back to Bukit Batok.

Fall out at Bukit Batok and took a bus home~~ =p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.