2009-10-25

What I've been doing recently...

Saturday 24-10-2009

Had a mini karaoke + dinner session with the fellow secondary school classmates:

1. Yin Boon
2. Sharon
3. Sin Yi
4. James
5. Yee Loong
6. Pui Han (dinner only)

Oh well, Yin Boon and me were late lol... No la, actually we did not late, just that the other group went to buy some drinks lol!

On our way there, we chatted about handphones and computers... LOL... We were eyeing the iphone 4G. The current 3GS didn't have the WOW factor to attract us and I hope Apple to brush up their products, the iphone is super fragile!!!

Sharon keep emphasising that very long time never sing with us liao. But then hor, I remembered we just had a karaoke session back in August lor!

According to Sharon, Sinyi's voice is suited for oldies - this I kinda agree. Some of the songs she will just automatically self-high one!

On the other hand, Jesslyn, did not change much. The childish voice still as 逗趣 as ever, but one thing I noticed is that when she sings duet songs, her voice appeared to sound much clearer when compared to singing solo. LOL

Yee Loong didn't choose the song 选择

James chose those Jay Chou songs, a Jay fan!

After the karaoke session, we went to Orchard by the bus 106. Had some talk on this 'controversial' topic on dialects. Nothing wrong to learn and speak dialects. Interestingly, the course Sharon is reading requires the students to learn the pronounciations of the tones in those dialects under Cantonese + Hokkein family.

Dinner was held at Pasta Waraku @ Heeren. Pui Han came and join us. Poor girl only slept for 1 hour the night before...

I didn't patronise this restaurant before, it was an eye-opener for me. Look at the menu! OMG, the variety was a lot a lot. But the basil pasta I wanted was not available - they ran out of the wafu cream! Never mind, I will try it next time.

In the end, I chose this prawn 'creamy' pasta. It was made 'creamy' by the egg yolk la! So instead of having the easy-sickened cheesy taste, the egg yolk actually neutralised it. It didn't taste as as purely cheese, instead, it tasted a bit sweeter which I think blended well with the pasta and the prawns. $14.80.

Then I shared the strawberry sundae ($2.80) with Sin Yi. Not bad, the vanilla ice cream was exactly the same as the McD 50 cents ice craem! But I liked Yin Boon's peach sundae!

After the dinner, had a walk from Heeren to Raffles City, just to drag the time and chit chat along the way - it's 难得 for us to get together haha! We gave the chance to Jesslyn to show that Orchard and City Hall are not far! It's walkable distance. But then yesterday night's weather was a bit stuffy hot. =.=

Home sweet home at 11.30pm

I really cherish each gathering and I hope more are coming up! Next one is the 4-01 class gathering cum gift exchange session. Well, I hope as many people attend as possible, but then I understand that due to work/study/NS committment, it is not possible to ask the whole class to come. Haiz...

And when is the K9 outing???!!!!!!!

这个角度不错下


寿星女+礼物合照

Waraku

各意面均有沙拉当佐配

卖相不错,美味可口

这个甜滋滋56789



25-10-2009 Sunday

Went to JP library and pair study with Yat Kan. He helped me with my Econs queries while I reminded him of the shortcuts when doing partial fractions. Also I taught him how to work with finding roots of unity (complex numbers).

* Now I have better idea of lecture 1-4 liao! Thanks Yat Kan!

Had nasi lemak + otah as lunch ($3.20). I didn't like the otah, no taste at all. No comment on the nasi lemak, but the chilli given was a bit little. Could have given more.

I thought the coffee Yat Kan drank was actually teh! Look at the amount of condensed milk added=.= The colour just looked exactly like teh. Suddenly I miss the Malaysian thick coffee... Ahh~~

In the end, he gave up faster than me lol...

No comments: