2006-09-25

22-9-2006 Another outing

Woke up quite early (9 in the morning) just to get myself prepared as someone was coming to my house later.

And then a phone call came in at ten-something and I was stunned.

The guest would only come at noon. It was him who made me woke up early and it was him who wanted to be late. Reason? Overslept.

Nonetheless, spent our time browsing through images and videos and a while chatting. Then we head for McDonald's for lunch in the mid-afternoon.

I ordered 'Fan-tastic' set meal. Don't call me outdated, okay?! I seldom have fast food at McDonald's and the fan-tastic was an expensive meal to me. The set meal cost me $6.20. Upon settling my tooth over the burger, I could expect the taste to be quite different. In fact, it has been a mystery for the taste. I found the rice tasted funny, partly because I'm not used to it and because it consisted of mushroom.

Me and my friend took a walk to Jurong Point since we were so full. Just exercise for the good and you saved money!

Jurong Point is forever bustling with crowds, mainly teenagers hanging out arcades, cinemas... It is no wonder it was voted to be the best neighbourhood shopping centre in Singapore in a survey conducted by The Straits Times. Haha, but the truth is, it offers a lot more than other shopping malls and I heard that it would undergo expansion.

Then we sat down at Kopitiam at the third storey and had some beverages. I had iced milo. $1.50 is expensive because I could make a similar one at home at a much cheaper cost. LOL

Came another friend at around five plus. So he and the guest went to buy dinner. I was so full - I didn't have my dinner. Ha, can save money again. Then after that, we went to watch the movie 'The Haunted Apartment'. It is a Japanese horror film which tell the story of a haunted building. The residents living there had suffered depression where they have to abide a set of strange and ridiculous rule. For example, every single resident has to cross over the white line and get within the building premise before every midnight.

Want to move out? Sure, but you need to get a new resident moving in before you can move out.

The production crew chose to film at the real site - that is the building said to be haunted in Japan and the effect was really errie. The whole building appeared worn out because it was an old building.

Strange things happened. Firstly, the child kept going horizontally on the floor in a systematic manner without any external force. Secondly, soldiers appeared on the scene. Why they appear? Is it because the old man had abandoned them while on war and escaped from death and now they came back for revenge? Or simple because just to pass the time? Not very logical here.

Then one family just do not heed the advice and they moved out of the building when it was not the time. Therefore at midnight of that day, they were dead.

After that, the female lead decided to explore on her own and attempted to break the curse and she succeeded! Of course, the other residents move out at once. lol, the corpse was like disfigured and it doesn' look scary. I think the ghost looked scarier. lol. The whole story ended when the female lead felt pity for her and decided to stay forever with the corpse.

No comments: