2013-09-05

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Sony Xperia Z1

 Sony Xperia Z1

 Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It's the battle in electronics field between Japanese and Korean.

Both models are the flagships from Sony and Samsung and got announced on 4 Sept at IFA in Germany. And since my contract is eligible for handset upgrade, naturally they got my attention. Actually I got excited whenever high-end mobile phones got announced lol.

It's a tough decision because both excels in their own areas. But to be honest, the first impression on Galaxy Note 3 wasn't as impressed as the Z1. I am not going to talk much about the specifications here. The design is almost like a hybrid from S4 and S2, some design cues from S4 and squarish like a S2, not quite Sony also. Specs wise, nothing much to complain as Note 3 is using the best processor and most RAM out there. Display is AMOLED which Samsung didn't elaborate much on it, strange. Hopefully I could see more changes which naked eyes could see. The S-pen is powerful, but I thought it's more for a bonus rather than serve a practical purpose though.

Samsung could have done better in terms of software, perhaps some overhaul(?) I don't know. On the other hand, I think Sony hit it right - Z1 really has the wow factor to attract and convince me to look at it even more.

Talk about the back of Note 3. I have mixed feelings though. It's faux-leather, looks weird at first. However the more I look at it the more I think I can accept it. Metal body could have been better. I have to feel the real thing before I make my judgement.

Z1 delivers what consumers of high-end devices wanted - top-notch camera, powerful processor, nice display - all in a nice aluminium and glass package. :) The letdown is that the display is 5 inch against 5.7 inch on Note 3. And it's waterproof also!

So which should I get?

No comments: